Skin Cancer Pre-Screenings
The key to treating melanoma is early detection. We are currently offering skin assessments. Consider an appointment today!
Health Center – Knells Ridge Square
817 Botetourt Ct Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone: (757) 389-7300
Health Center – Washington Shoppes
838 Old George Washington Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23323
Phone: (757) 389-7631
Questions? Email Jennifer
Chesapeake Regional Healthcare is bringing the first Mobile Mammography with 3D technology to the Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS).
Who Can Use the Mobile Mammogram?
Women over 40 with no prior history of breast cancer and no current breast health concerns are encouraged to get screened.*
Cost and Health Insurance Coverage
- FREE for employees covered by a CPS health plan. Both 2D and 3D mammograms, for screening purposes, are covered 100% under all CPS health insurance plans.
- Most commercial health insurance plans are accepted, therefore employees covered by another plan like Tricare or their spouses plan can also get screened. Cost will vary depending on plan. Please contact your non-CPS health plan for cost information.
What’s the difference between 2D and 3D mammogram?
- 2D mammograms take images from the front and side. 3D mammograms take images from multiple views across the breast. This allows radiologists to examine breast tissue one layer at a time or make a 3D reconstruction for a clearer, more accurate picture.
- 3D mammograms take just a few seconds longer than 2D mammograms but the amount of radiation exposure is about the same.
- Research shows 3D mammograms may detect up to 40% more cancers than 2D because 2D mammograms can obscure some cancers due to compressing and overlapping breast tissue. 3D mammograms allow radiologists to separate overlapping tissue and exam the breast layer by layer increasing cancer detection rates by up to 40%.
- 3D mammograms reduce the rate of false-positives, unnecessary biopsies and repeat breast screenings.
Call (757) 312-6400 or to ChesapeakeMammo.com to schedule your appointment. Please have your health insurance card and physician information readily available when you call or go online to schedule your appointment.
Mobile Mammogram Schedule for May-June 2018
Mobile Mammogram Schedule for 2018