General Information for Parents
Important WBI Parent Information
1. Requests for dismissal can not be taken by phone. If a change must occur, please send the change in writing to your child’s homeroom. This is a safety issue.
* We can only accept last minute dismissal changes BEFORE 2:00—via Fax 638-7945 or email WBI.
2. Parent drop off is 7:50 am until 8:15 am. If you are dropping off your child, please have their book-bags, etc. ready at the drop off point. After that time, you must park and bring your child into the building. Thanks for your help. (Go to the Parent tab for more detailed drop off procedures.)
3. Breakfast is from 7:50 am until 8:10 am. Children who arrive later will not be able to have breakfast, as our cafeteria staff must begin preparing for lunch.
4. After 8:15 am, the beginning of homeroom and the instructional day, your child is tardy if they are not in the classroom. Tardy students will be excused for medical appointments or illness.
*If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school at the above phone number.
5. When your child is absent, State Law requires parents/guardians to send in a written note stating the date of absence and reason . We do appreciate if you notify us by email – . If you child is going to be late for an appointment, you may call the office phone number as well.
School Hours: 8:15 am—2:44 pm
Office Hours: 7:30 am-3:30 pm
School Phone: 638-7941
· Cafeteria phone #: 638-7932
· Transportation Dept phone# 547-1617
Reminder to Parents:
If you come into the School to pick up your child, we do check identification. Please bring your ID to the school with you.
Thanks for your help!
Birthday/Treat & Party Day Celebrations:
Birthday – Would you like to celebrate your child’s birthday with his or her class? If so we invite you to bring a non-edible treat that would be of great use to the students. Birthday pencils, erasers, crayons, notepads or any other school related items would mean a great deal to our students. Plus, students love the excitement of passing out items to their classmates. Please note toys will not be permitted.
In order to keep WBI safe and healthy, no outside food items will be distributed in the classrooms or in the cafeteria.