Our school is participating in a fundraiser with Art to Remember where parents can purchase keepsakes of their child’s artwork. Order forms will be sent home and all orders must be placed by February 28, 2018. Purchased items should be available around mid-April.
WHRO invites Kindergarten through 5th grade students to create a great story, illustrate it and enter it in our PBS KIDS Writers Contest! This year, in addition to the original contest, we will present the Batten Environmental Education Award to winning stories with an Environmental theme or topic.
The 2018 Writers Contest is now open. Deadline for receipt of entries is Friday, March 30th at 5:00pm.
Rules and entry form available for download at: http://education.whro.org/regional-services/for-children-families/writers-contest
Because of the loss of five instructional days the following amendments will be made to the 2017-2018 school calendar for the first semester:
- Friday, January 26, 2018, originally scheduled as an Early Release Day for all students, will be a regular, full instructional day.
- Monday, January 29, 2018, originally scheduled as a Teacher Workday, will be a regular, full instructional day.
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018, originally scheduled as a Teacher Workday/In-Service Day, will be a regular, full instructional day and mark the first day of exams.
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018, will be a full instructional day as originally scheduled and mark the second day of exams.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018, will remain an instructional day and will mark the third day of exams.
- Friday, February 2, 2018, will be a Teacher Workday/In-Service Day (students will not attend school). This will provide one day between semesters.
- Monday, February 5, 2018, will remain an instructional day and mark the first day of second semester.
SchoolStore is a great way to support your school by shopping at your favorite online merchants or donating a Caring For Classrooms gift card.
Shop and Support
SchoolStore.com is an online shopping mall where over 200 nationally known online merchants have agreed to give a percentage of sales to K-12 schools. Companies like WalMart.com, Sears, Target, DisneyStore.com, Family Book Store, and Oriental Trading Company participate. Most merchant contributions to your school will average 5%-10% but some go as high as 50% of sales!
You can also donate a Caring For Classrooms gift card to a student’s classroom. Your donation will be used by their teacher for books, educational magazines and classroom supplies. Donating a Caring For Classroom gift card is a wonderful way to enhance the reading and learning experience for an entire classroom.
Congratulations to Mr. Michael Julian, our 2017-18 Teacher of the Year.