The philosophy of Truitt Intermediate School is that all students can and will learn when the responsibility is shared between school and parents. Research indicates that parental involvement affects the success and achievement of all students. Therefore, it is essential that stakeholders work collaboratively to assess, plan, design, implement and evaluate the Title One instructional programs and all of its components.
Truitt Intermediate School’s Title One program will support active parental involvement and provide assistance to each identified student in order that he/she may be able to increase his/her academic achievement in their regular classroom in basic and more advanced skills.
To encourage effective involvement of parents and to reinforce the concept that academic achievement of children is a responsibility shared by both parents and the school, we will
- Provide opportunities, such as Open House and Literacy Night to inform parents about school curriculum, academic assessment, expected levels of proficiency, the Title One programs and how Title One funds are utilized.
- Send e-flyers (Peachjar) and bulletins that provide tips for parents to engage in supportive learning activities with their children.
- Increase school-parent communication with:
- Establish dates for parent/teacher conferences
- Student progress reports that are sent home each grading period and are available on Synergy
- Parent bulletin, website, e-flyers and monthly calendar to outline special events and available academic support
- Report student progress through the academic planner, notes, and telephone calls
- Provide opportunities for parental involvement in various programs:
- STEAM Literacy Night
- Strings informational night
- Bingo Night
- Fall Dance
- 5th grade Promotion Ceremony
- Student of the Month Awards
- Field Day
- Career Day
- Provide opportunities for school visitations and parent volunteers
- Inform parents of opportunities for family literacy experiences including basic adult education, GED, and ESL classes that are offered through the school division.
**Please note that these activities will take place depending on the status of Covid-19 restricts in our school district and community.**
Micheal Ottley Principal
Barbara Patterson Oden Assistant Principal
Tasha Hancock Title I Reading Specialist
Carlesha Cuffee Parent/PTA President
Kimberly Epps Title I Reading/PTA Liaison
Plan revised: October 2020