WHAT IS SCHOOLOGY?
Schoology,/skoo-luh-jee/: A learning management system (LMS) that connects all the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Schoology will provide our teachers the power to extend their classrooms into an online platform that will facilitate both scheduled teacher-led and independent at-home learning. Teachers can share announcements, special dates, pictures, newsletters, discussion boards, lessons, videos, and more on Schoology.
HOW CAN I ACCESS SCHOOLOGY?
Students are automatically enrolled in Schoology by their assigned school during the class enrollment process (managed by Synergy).
Students will not have to create an account – they will log into Schoology using their CPS Google accounts.
Parents will have to create an account – parents will receive an alpha-numeric join code that is linked to their child. Multiple parents can use the same join code in order to be connected to their children.
This video shows how to log onto Schoology with your parent account.
WHAT CAN PARENTS SEE ON SCHOOLOGY?
A Schoology Parent account will provide view-access to their student’s activity in Schoology. Parents will be able to monitor upcoming assignments, overdue work, and other course content. In addition, parents will be able to view opportunities offered to their student through the Groups feature. Synergy will remain the gradebook of record. This means you will still access your student’s grades through your ParentVUE account.
Our Teaching and Learning Department offered virtual demonstrations of Schoology for families. Click here to view the recording of the September 2, 2020 session.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I LOSE MY STUDENT’S JOIN CODE?
If you don’t have or have lost your join code for Schoology or need assistance with creating your Schoology parent account, please contact your child’s school.
CAN STUDENTS ACCESS SCHOOLOGY ON A MOBILE DEVICE?
Schoology can be accessed directly on the web through a browser or on an app installed on your mobile device (phone or tablet). Typically, apps have reduced capabilities or other limitations compared to the full website. While the Schoology app is very robust and students will be able to complete many assignments and assessments using a mobile device, it will not provide the same experience as using the full web-based site. This is particularly true for any assignments students have to submit using Google based products such as Docs, Slides, or Sheets.
SCHOOLOGY HELP RESOURCES
Schoology resources are constantly IN DEVELOPMENT. Resources will be posted as they become available.
- Go to www.schoology.com
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and and choose Parent.
- 3. Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's teachers.
- 4. Fill out the form with your information.
- 5. Click Register to complete.
- 6. When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated to your child. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child button.
- Parent Access Codes are unique to each student, but can be used to make multiple parent accounts.
- If your Parent Access Code does not allow you to register or, if the code does not have 12 digits, please contact your child's instructor or school for more information.
- Click the arrow next to your name on the top right side of Schoology.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Select the button next to the notifications you want to change.
- Choose On (receive from all sources), Off (the default setting), or Custom (pick and choose the sources).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.