- To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 30th.
- Documentary proof shall be provided of adequate age appropriate immunization with the prescribed number of doses of vaccine. All students prior to enrollment must meet immunization requirements. See Immunization Requirements for School Entry.
- Submit a completed School Entrance Health Information Form if the student is new to the school system. The form is available from the Student Enrollment Office or from any school in the division. Specific dates of immunizations must be included. Return this form to the school.The form is also available from most physicians, the Chesapeake Health Department, or any school office.
- Birth certificate
- Proof of address (a current gas, water or electric bill from the last 30 days that shows usage).
- If you do not have a current gas, water or electric bill, contact the Office of Student Enrollment at (757) 547-0545. More information regarding Proof of Residence.
- Custody or court order if applicable
Additional information may be obtained by contacting the school the student should attend.
The Enrollment Packet for Chesapeake Public Schools is available from the Student Enrollment Department. For more information, call 757-547-0545. Or contact the school for which your child is zoned.
To determine the school(s) assigned to your attendance zone, please contact the Department of Planning & Development at (757) 547-0580 or View Attendance Zone Maps and the Online Address Lookup tool.
Attendance Zone Policy questions are addressed by the Planning Department, at (757) 547-0013.