The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) of Chesapeake Public Schools is appointed by each local school board to advise the school board through the division superintendent. The composition of the committee shall include parents of children with disabilities, persons with disabilities, community representatives and one teacher representative. School employees and school board members act as consultants to SEAC. A wide variety of disabilities is represented by these parents as well as a broad geographic representation of different boroughs of the city.
General Meeting dates and locations for the 2018 – 2019 school year:
(Each SEAC General Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – Multi-Purpose Room, School Administration Building, 312 Cedar Road
Thursday, January 8, 2019 – Multi-Purpose Room, School Administration Building, 312 Cedar Road
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 – Multi-Purpose Room, School Administration Building, 312 Cedar Road
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 – Multi-Purpose Room, School Administration Building, 312 Cedar Road
Business Planning Meeting dates and locations for the 2018-2019 school year:
(Each SEAC Business Planning Meeting begins at 6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 – Central Library, 298 Cedar Road
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 – Major Hillard Library, 824 Old George Washington Hwy. N
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 – Indian River Library, 2320 Old Greenbrier Rd.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 – TBD
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 – TBD
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 – TBD
August Summer Training, Time & Location – TBD
The functions of the Special Education Advisory Committee shall be as follows:
- Advise the local division of needs in the education of children with disabilities.
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities.
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the division superintendent for transmission to the local school board.
- Assist the local school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities for educational service.
- Review the policies and procedures for the provision of special education and related service prior to submission to the local school board.
- Participate in the review of the local school division’s annual plan.
Chesapeake Public Schools Special Education Department is pleased to publish the list of committee members for the 2018-2019 Special Education Advisory Committee. Interested parties may contact the SEAC members via email at or feel free to leave a message with the Office of Special Education at 757-494-7600. Please follow us on Facebook @ ChesapeakeSEACCommittee.
2018-2019 SEAC Members:
Amanda Raymond, Chairperson
Gina Krause, Vice Chairperson
Liz Emmett, Secretary
Kim Fillius, Committee Member
Vanessa Siedlecki, Committee Member
Cheryl Ward, Committee Member
Jacqueline Edwards, Special Education Administrator
Dr. Lisa Perkins, Assistant Director of Special Education
Dr. Craig Pinello, Director of Special Education
School Board Consultants
Samuel L. Boone, Jr.
Colleen C. Leary