Rena B. Wright Primary School
Title I Parental Involvement Plan
Rena B. Wright Primary School will develop a Parental Involvement Plan. The plan will outline how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improving student achievement and describe how the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve.
- Hold annual meetings to inform parents of their school’s participation in Title I, explain Title I requirements, and explain parents’ right to be involved.
- Offer a number of meetings at various times and, if necessary, use Title I funds to provide materials.
- Involve parents in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning.
- Provide parents with an explanation of the curriculum used at the school, forms of assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet in math and reading in a supportive and effective learning environment.
- Provide parents with an explanation of our ESTAT/Power Up process for students who are having difficulty to ensure that all children will be provided with the support needed to become successful.
- Provide parents with copies of our School Plan and actions taken to increase student achievement.
- Provide an opportunity for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, when appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children. A survey is provided to give parents an opportunity to share their input/feedback.
- Describe how parents will be responsible for supporting their child’s learning, such as monitoring attendance, homework completion, and volunteering at school.
- Describe the many opportunities for parents and teachers to communicate on an ongoing basis including, at a minimum:
o Parent-teacher conferences
o Frequent reports to parents on the progress of their child; Edline reports are sent home four times a year by the classroom teacher.
o Teacher/parent reports given by phone calls and written communication
o School and classroom newsletters sent on a regular basis.
o School marquee is used to alert neighborhood of upcoming events.
o School website used to inform parents of upcoming events
o School Parent Alert System (PAS) to remind parents of school events, PTA sponsored events, etc.
- Distribute Title I materials in Spanish when possible and provide interpreters at meetings as needed. Spanish Title I/Focus School letters were provided to those Spanish speaking families. We do have staff members who speak Spanish and can serve as interpreters during conferences and meetings.
- Provide parents with training and materials necessary to improve their child’s achievement such as literacy night, technology/math night, Kindergarten Night, Book Fairs, etc.
- Provide parents with opportunities to celebrate student achievement. Parents are invited to Honor Roll and grade level recognition day for the designated grade levels. During our last PTA 3rd grade program, we discuss with our parents the importance of SOLs, review the testing format, the testing procedures, and review websites that will provide challenging exercises for our students to practice at home. This event is well-received and is looked forward to each year.
- Provide parents with a calendar of all Special Events that parents can attend throughout the year. Rena B. Wright Special Events Calendar 2022 – 2023.docx
Adopted September 2022
Mrs. Shawnia Smiley, Principal
Mr. Colin Jones, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Denise Vaught, PTA President
Ms. Alison Butler, PTA 1st Vice President
Mrs. Kimberly Tillett, PTA Treasurer
Miss Shalan Mitchell, PTA Secretary