Foreign Language Exploratory students are introduced to different languages, French, Spanish, German and more! Why? To help students plan for their future and make an informed decision about which world language they would like to study in high school. Students will have the opportunity to practice basic conversation while learning new vocabulary in the target languages. Lessons are taught through smart board activities, partner chats, games, songs, projects and DuoLingo for Schools.
Class supply list:
- One spiral bound notebook (1 subject)
- Colors or colored pencils
For French I and Spanish I
French I and Spanish I are high-school credit bearing courses and require daily study. Course objectives are to assist students to develop beginning listening, speaking, reading and writing skills using phrases, short sentences and basic questions in the target language. Lessons are taught through various styles, such as smart board activities, DuoLingo for Schools, partner chats, games, songs, and hands-on projects.
Class Supply List:
- One 3 ring binder (1.5-2 inch).
- Filler paper (college or wide, your choice)
- Binder dividers (6)
- Pencils and\or pens (daily, please come prepared)
- French\English dictionary (not required but highly recommended)
- One packet Index cards