- The purpose of the art club is to encourage student interest in the visual arts. Students have a chance to participate in the annual Arts and Science festival. The Arts and Science festival includes displays of student art, art demos, musical, and step team performances along with a science fair. Community members and parents are invited to attend. (Sponsor: Mr. K Porter)
- The Bible Club seeks to provide students with an opportunity to express their Christian faith and promote Christian values through song, scripture stories about Biblical characters, games, and crafts. Meetings are currently held on Tuesdays, twice a month. (Sponsors: Ms. Foster and Ms. Custalow)
- The Board Game Club meets once or twice a month after school in the library. Students learn and play board games. See Mrs. Mayfield if you are interested. (Sponsor: Ms. Mayfield)
- Book Club- meets after school each month in the library. Students discuss and review the books they are reading and prepare book talks for the morning announcements. Students participate in the VA Reader’s Choice program. See Mrs. Mayfield in the library if you are interested. (Sponsor: Ms. Mayfield)
- Stay tuned for information on this exciting new club for 8th grade girls!
- Would you like for your daughter to:
recognize and avoid harmful and risky behaviors?
learn strategies for stress management?
learn and develop habits that promote school success?
develop positive interpersonal relationships?
These are some of the many goals of GIRL POWER, an organization for sixth-grade girls at Oscar Smith Middle School.
- Pink Ladies is a club for seventh grade girls that emphasizes girls demonstrating dignity and pride in themselves. The mission of the Pink Ladies Club is to provide fun activities that will help young girls develop a positive self image. They will learn to respect themselves, their peers, as well as exhibit respect for the community.
- The SCA (Student Council Association) is a student organization dedicated to the development of leadership skills, diplomacy, and community service. Representatives are elected by their homeroom peers. Officers are elected by the entire student body during a spring campaign. Selected students are encouraged to attend local and state leadership workshops. All students are urged to participate in school and community projects. (Club Sponsor- Ms. E. Goard)
- The Technology Club is for any student who attends Oscar Smith Middle, but especially for students who do not take technology education. This club generally meets once a week from 3:15 to 4:00. Students should pay attention to morning announcements for definite meeting times. Students will make projects and other activities, and there is no fee for this club.