Show your love for Black History during OSM Spirit Week.
Click the link for details: OSM LOVES Spirit Week
Rising 9th Graders to OSHS
Attention 8th graders! Please watch the “Rising 9th Grade” Informational video about starting High School! 8th graders will be able to select their Electives for next school year, through StudentVue, during the week of Jan. 25-29. If students do not select an option, they will be assigned one. Please read the Scheduling Handbook as well and share it with a Parent/Guardian. This answers many questions that you all have about going to High School. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Rafal, the 8th grade Counselor:
- OSHS Rising 9th Grade Scheduling Booklet
- OSHS Rising 9th-grade Virtual Elective Fair Video
- OSHS Rising 9th Grade Scheduling Video
Selecting Electives Online – Rising 6th, 7th, and 8th to OSMS
Attention Rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders! Please view the below videos for information and instructions to select your Electives for the next school year.
Virtual Learning Days:
The following days have been identified as virtual learning days for students due to the COVID-19 vaccination clinic dates:
- Additional Virtual Learning Day: Thursday, February 25 – Students will be learning from home on these days, following their normal class schedule, and taking the MAP assessment for Reading.
- February 24 and 26
Read the latest edition of the OSM Parent Newsletter. Click the link to read the newsletter: OSM Family Newsletters
Looking for a new mask to show off your Tiger spirit?
- Adult masks are $10; children masks are available upon request
- Specify white string or black string
- Proceeds support Ms. Roxanne Smith, the owner of ALFA Clothier, a small business owner in the area
- To purchase, send an email to Ms. Paula Cox or Ms. Gloria Coers
- The mask will be sold throughout the school year
Congratulations to Ms. Catrecia Rodgers!
2020-2021 OSM Teacher of the Year
Your Tiger family is so proud of you and your dedication to our students each and every day!
Congratulations to Mrs. Pattie Babbitt!
2020-2021 Reading Teacher of the Year
Thank you for developing our students’ love for reading!
Communities in Schools (CIS) of Hampton Roads is here at Oscar Smith Middle! CIS is committed to the success of students by any means necessary. Specialized services are offered to address the needs of students and the school to make sure no child is left behind. Our Site Coordinator is Mr. Joseph Jones, and he is ready to connect with students and families. Please click the links below for additional information about this program. You may email Mr. Jones at
The OSM Library is offering Curbside Pickup and Delivery of library books. Please select delivery only if you cannot pick up library books during school hours. We can’t wait to get books in the hands of our students!
Click the link to order a book: Library Book Order Form
Last Revised 2/17/2021