Attention Families of 8th Graders:
Teachers and 8th grade students have been preparing all year for the upcoming Writing SOL. This test has two parts (short paper and multiple choice) and will be given over two days. Please see the testing dates below.
- Option 2 Students: Monday, March 15 and Monday, March 22
- Option 1 A-Day Students: Tuesday, March 16 and Thursday, March 18
- Option 1 B-Day Students: Wednesday, March 17 and Friday, March 19
Testing will begin at the start of each designated school day, and transportation will be provided for Option 2 students. Transportation forms will be sent by English teachers. This post will be updated with the form within the coming days.
Read the latest edition of the OSM Parent Newsletter. Click the link to read the newsletter: OSM Family Newsletters
Looking for a new mask to show off your Tiger spirit?
- Adult masks are $10; children masks are available upon request
- Specify white string or black string
- Proceeds support Ms. Roxanne Smith, the owner of ALFA Clothier, a small business owner in the area
- To purchase, send an email to Ms. Paula Cox or Ms. Gloria Coers
- The mask will be sold throughout the school year
Congratulations to Ms. Catrecia Rodgers!
2020-2021 OSM Teacher of the Year
Your Tiger family is so proud of you and your dedication to our students each and every day!
Congratulations to Mrs. Pattie Babbitt!
2020-2021 Reading Teacher of the Year
Thank you for developing our students’ love for reading!
Communities in Schools (CIS) of Hampton Roads is here at Oscar Smith Middle! CIS is committed to the success of students by any means necessary. Specialized services are offered to address the needs of students and the school to make sure no child is left behind. Our Site Coordinator is Mr. Joseph Jones, and he is ready to connect with students and families. Please click the links below for additional information about this program. You may email Mr. Jones at
The OSM Library is offering Curbside Pickup and Delivery of library books. Please select delivery only if you cannot pick up library books during school hours. We can’t wait to get books in the hands of our students!
Click the link to order a book: Library Book Order Form
Last Revised 2/26/2021