The Norfolk Highlands Primary Safe Routes to School Survey detailed below will be available from March 18th-31st.
Chesapeake Public Schools, in partnership with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is proud to continue supporting the Safe Routes to School Grant The purpose of this federally funded grant program is to:
- provide bicycle safety and pedestrian education.
- encourage, promote, and provide incentives to schools and communities for making walking and
biking to school safe, convenient, and natural for students.
- enable and encourage children, including those with disabilities, to walk and bicycle to school.
- Make bicycling and walking to school a safer and more appealing transportation alternative,
thereby encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle from an early age.
- Facilitate the planning, development, and implementation of projects and activities that will
improve safety and reduce traffic, fuel consumption, and air pollution in the vicinity of schools.
As a requirement of the grant, we need to collect parent feedback regarding your children walking
and biking to school. The survey (pdf) we will use comes from the National Center for Safe Routes to
School’s data system. The surveys will only be available March 18th-31st.
- Norfolk Highlands Primary Survey
With your participation, we will be able to collect data on ways to make biking and walking a safe and healthy choice for our Chesapeake Public School students.
If you have any questions, please contact Dawn Cyr, CPS Safe Routes to School Coordinator, via
email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for your time and participation!
Calling all parents and guardians! Check out this month’s Parent Newsletter (pdf)!
Parents and families, we invite you to complete the Title I and Parent Engagement Survey to help our school offer the best resources for your child! Para Español: Encuesta para padres de familia para las escuelas de Título I.
Welcome Back to NHP