New Construction is primarily responsible for the following:
Managing the design and construction of new schools, additions, and renovations approved by the School Board in its Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
Planning is primarily responsible for the following:
Annually updating and developing the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), projecting future enrollment, acquiring land for the school division, maintaining school attendance zones, assignment of portable classrooms, monitoring use of school buildings.
APPROVED ATTENDANCE ZONE ADJUSTMENTS FOR 2018-19
At the October 30, 2017 School Board meeting, the Board approved attendance zone options 1&4 to be effective in September 2018. Descriptions and maps can be found below. The attendance zone adjustments are also included in the Address Lookup Tool
10/30/17 APPROVED ATTENDANCE ZONE OPTIONS SUMMARY (pdf)
- New attendance zones will be effective September, 2018.
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors will have the option to remain at their current high school if impacted by the attendance zone change.
- The sophomore, junior, and senior option will be available for only the 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21 school years.
- No school bus transportation will be provided for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who remain at their current school for the 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21 school years.
- Academy students are not impacted.
Capital Improvement Plan Calendar:
October 9, 2017: Capital Improvement Plan Initial Presentation and Work Session
October 30, 2017: Capital Improvement Plan Public Hearing and Work session
November 13, 2017: Capital Improvement Plan Public Hearing, Work Session, and Request Final Action