Welcome Military Families!
Chesapeake Public Schools is committed to serving families connected to our nation’s military. The resources below provide an overview of the educational opportunities and services that may be of interest to military-connected families who will be joining the Chesapeake Public Schools’ family.
For additional support, contact the Military School Liaison Officer (SLO) who serves the Chesapeake area and plays a vital role in assisting families as they navigate the complexities of transition and deployment.
Find A School
Join the CPS Family
- How to Enroll
- Health/Immunization Requirements
- School Hours
- Find a Daycare Provider
- After School Care – YMCA
- Student Handbook
- Employment Opportunities with Chesapeake Public Schools
- Athletics and Student Activities
- Intradistrict Transfers or Other Enrollment Questions – Contact CPS
- Preschool Opportunities
- Teaching & Learning
- Student/Teacher Ratios
- Career and Technical Education
- Special Education
- Gifted Education
- Records Requests
- Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families
- Guidance for Military Families with Students in Special Education
- Interstate Compact
- Military Child Education Coalition
- Military Family Resiliency Training
- Military One Source
- Navy Marine Corps Relief Society
Purple Star Designation: The Purple Star designation is awarded to military-friendly schools by the Virginia Department of Education and the Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children. To qualify for a Purple Star, schools must have a staff member designated as the point of contact for military students and families. The point of contact serves as the primary link between the military family and the school. Schools must also demonstrate their commitment to meeting the needs of military students by providing resources and programming on issues important to military families, such as academic planning and transitions between schools, districts, and states. Purple Star schools retain the designation for three years before being required to reapply.