JMS Enrollment

Online Enrollment- Welcome to Chesapeake Public Schools. If you and your family are new to our school community, we look forward to enrolling your child/children into our division. Registering with CPS is as easy as 1, 2, 3…

What determines my child’s attendance zone?
To determine the school(s) assigned to your attendance zone, please view Attendance Zone Maps or use the Online Address Lookup tool.

A biological parent or court-appointed legal guardian must enroll the student. If you are a court-appointed guardian, please bring your legal documentation.

****Special Notice for foster parent(s)****

If you are enrolling a student that is in foster care please go to the Office of Student
Enrollment (757-547-0153, 312 Cedar Road, Chesapeake 23322) before coming
to or calling Jolliff Middle School. If you encounter any problems during online
registration, please call the Guidance Department at (757) 465-5246. If you need to
complete the enrollment at Jolliff, the following documents must be presented during
the time of enrollment:

  • Proof of Residency– in the form of a current gas, electric, or water bill, dated within 30 days of the enrollment date. The name of the person enrolling the student should be on the bill they are presenting as proof of residency. Any online bill (electric, gas or water) must be printed in advance and show usage at the residence. If a parent does not have proof of residency they must call 757-547-0153, ask for Student Enrollment and explain their situation.
  • Original Birth Certificate, Passport or Affidavit
  • Immunization Record (all rising 6th graders and transfer students must have a Tdap before they are enrolled.)
  • Report Card from the last school attended is needed when completing a summer enrollment.
    • Withdrawal Form is needed during the regular school year enrollment.
  • Current IEP, if applicable (Parents/Guardians, in addition to bringing in the IEP, if you have the following documents please bring them on the day of enrolling your child: eligibility minutes, assessments such as psychological., educational, social, medical, speech/language, or other related services and any other pertinent academic records). If your child has a 504 please bring it with you.
  • Custody/Court Order, if applicable