Welcome military families to Indian River Middle! We are proud to serve our students and families by being supportive and knowledgeable. The designated military school personnel listed below are intended to assist with specific military needs. We recognize that military families face unique challenges such as moving frequently and deployments. It is Indian River Middle School’s mission to ensure every student and family is provided the tools for success.
Military School Personnel Contact Information
- School-Based Military Student Point of Contact: Terre Werts (757) 578-7030
- Central Office Point of Contact for School-Based Military Student Support Staff Member and for Military Families: Angie Smith (757) 547-0001
- School-Based Student Transition Team Coordinator: Aleke Sharpe (757) 578-7030)
Planning for Arrival to Indian River
- Steps to Enroll a New IRM Student
- For enrollment questions please contact the Student Enrollment Office at (757) 547-0545 or Indian River Middle School at (757) 578-7030.
- The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity provides transitional accommodations and resources.
Preparing Your Move from Indian River
- Complete a withdrawal form which can be obtained through the school counseling office or by emailing IRM.
- For more information regarding school transcripts click here.