You can reach us by email each teacher through ParentVue or Student Vue or by leaving a message at Indian River Middle School office (578-7030). We will return your call as soon as possible. You may also communicate through the agenda/planner. Please check and sign the agenda each night!
Teachers on the Team
Leathrum – Math
Miller – Civics
Pratt – Science
van Oekel – English/AVID
Team Integrity News
Team Integrity would like to welcome all of our parents and students to sixth grade. We are happy to have our students back in the building and glad to see them adjusting to middle school. We would like to make a few suggestions to help all our students reach their full potential. Please be sure your child has all the necessary supplies, some of which already need to be restocked. Frequently missing supplies include scissors, colored pencils, glue, highlighters, and loose leaf paper. Please ask your child to show you their agenda each night. Students should be filling in the agenda daily in every class. Blank agendas mean they are not writing their homework down. They will have homework every night in each class. When completing homework, students should be actively referring to their interactive notebooks. Lastly, we strongly encourage you, and your child, to review grades in StudentVUE/ParentVue at least once a week to help monitor their progress. If we work together – teachers, parents, and students – we are confident your child will reach their full academic potential. Please do not hesitate to email us or call the school if you have questions or concerns.
Please continue to check agendas daily and help your child to complete homework and study. Please talk to your child and find out what types of supplies he/she still needs. We are finding that the students are missing supplies such as glue sticks, pencils, highlighters, scissors and paper. These supplies are critical in all classes and must be brought every day. Please do not allow siblings to borrow these supplies because they are needed every day. Please recheck these supplies throughout the school year.
If you have not yet verified your contact information in ParentVue, please do so. ParentVue allows you to view your child’s grades on a regular basis. We appreciate your continued support.
- Be prepared for class before instruction begins. Be in your seat, have all necessary materials ready, and make sure that your pencils are sharpened.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before you speak or move about in the classroom.
- Stay on task, do quality work, and seek assistance when you need it.
- Show respect for yourself, your teachers, and fellow classmates.
- Leave your work area neat and clean. Return all materials to their proper places and place (do not toss) your trash in the wastebasket.
- Remain seated in class until the teacher dismisses you.
- Conduct yourself in an orderly fashion as you enter and leave the classroom and move through the hallways and cafeteria. Students will keep their hands to themselves as all times.
- Food and drinks are to be consumed in the cafeteria. Likewise, perform personal grooming in the restroom.
- Coats, book bags and cell phones that are turned off are to be left in your locker.
- Chromebooks must be brought to school each day and charged nightly.
IRMS uses a Reward system for positive behaviors. Students may earn rewards when they go above and beyond the basic expectations for students throughout the school day.
IRMS uses a demerit system to deal with inappropriate behavior that we believe obstructs the educational process. Failure to meet the expectations listed will result in the student receiving a demerit .
Please Note: Continuous failure to bring required materials to class and/or return signed papers after parent contact will result in disciplinary action. Students are responsible for carrying their agenda throughout the day. This will serve as their hall pass when needing to go to the bathroom, etc.
We believe homework is important because it reinforces what has been taught in class; prepares students for upcoming lessons; and helps students develop self-discipline, responsibility, and organizational skills. Students are required to write down their homework nightly in their agenda in all classes. Homework is due the following day, unless otherwise stated. Please expect students to have homework nightly in all four core classes. Students will not be given time during the school day to complete their homework.
Work should be completed on time. If work is not completed on time, consequences will result. It is important that all assignments be completed on time.
- Our team is available to meet with parents Tuesday and Thursday between 2 and 3:00 p.m.
- If you would like a conference, please email one of the team teachers to set up a conference.
Makeup Work & Tests
- Indian River Middle School requires either a written excuse from parent/guardian for absences or an email.
- Students are responsible for completing any missed work.
- If a student is absent, it is the student’s responsibility to pick up all make-up work/class notes upon return to school. Students are expected to make-up all missed work.
- If a student is present the day before a test, please make sure they are prepared to test upon returning to school.