Teachers on the Team
G. Heine- English
A. Exner – Math
A. Cotton – History/AVID
C. New – Science
Dreamers Team News
Hello parents and welcome to the 7th grade Dreamers team! We are thrilled to finally be back in school full time, and the students feel the same. With that said, we know we have some challenges ahead of us. However, we are certain we will rise above them with our continued classroom instruction and focused social and emotional learning. This could not be possible without your support for us and for your students too. Parents, please help your student and us by providing them with adequate supplies, especially glue and notebooks. We are a strong team at work!
Keeping the Focus – Parent and Student Reminders
- Stay organized.
- Complete daily assignments and homework on time.
- Read at least 20 minutes each night.
- Always be prepared with supplies and assignments. Please restock pencil pouches and lockers with missing supplies.
- When you are absent, always get make up work from each teacher on the day of your return.
- Study each subject nightly to maximize learning, and encourage students to spend a longer period of time studying, when needed.
- Effective studying includes: making flashcards, having someone quiz you, teaching the information to someone, or turning your notes into graphic organizers or illustrations. Students should be able to answer their Cornell note questions and check it as taught, with the notes folded over.
- Please check Synergy weekly to stay informed of your child’s grades.
The Dreamers team follows the school-wide grading policy: Tests/Projects 40%, Quizzes 30%, Practice 30%. Make up work is required to be made up within ONE WEEK of an absence. It is the STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY to get make up work. Late work is accepted WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME AND FOR A LOWERED GRADE.
All Dreamers core classes are located in the Annex. Students are escorted to the main building for lunch and elective classes. Parents/Guardians must check in at the office in the MAIN building to pick up students and/or visit classrooms.
The Dreamers teachers expect good manners, motivation for learning, and cooperative attitudes in order to foster a positive learning environment. In addition to each teacher’s classroom rules, the students are expected to adhere to the following team guidelines:
- Be prepared. Students must bring the required supplies and assignments EVERY DAY.
- Stay on task at all times. Check your work twice. Always turn in completed, quality work. Ask for assistance BEFORE you get overwhelmed. We are here to help!
- Respect. Show respect for yourself, IRMS teachers and staff, your classmates, and property (yours AND others’).
- Be organized. Keep your belongings orderly. Feel free to ask for organizational assistance. Leave your work area clean and free from trash. Return all borrowed items exactly as you found them.
- Class changes and lines (in hallways and during fire drills) should be quiet and orderly.
- Personal grooming is not allowed in the classrooms, only in restrooms.
- Eating is NOT allowed in class and gum is prohibited.
The 7th grade uses a demerit system to deal with inappropriate behavior that we believe obstructs the educational process. Failure to meet the expectations listed above will result in the student receiving a demerit with the following consequences:
|1st Demerit||Warning issued to the student|
|2nd Demerit||Phone call to parent|
|3rd Demerit||Conduct notice or phone call to parent|
|4th Demerit||Required parent conference notice given and parent/teacher conference scheduled|
|5th Demerit||Any demerit earned after 4th Demerit will result in Administrative Referral. Assistant Principal will determine consequence.|