Teachers on the Team
F. Shelton – English
R. Riffle – Math
K. Shepard – History
W. Vogler – Science
Believers Team News
Welcome back to school and to the Believers team! We hope everyone had a great summer. We are looking forward to working with you and your child in reaching their full potential. In order to do this, we encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns, and we will do the same to make sure your child is on the right track. We believe this school year is going to be great!
Keeping the Focus – Parent and Student Reminders
- Stay organized.
- Complete daily assignments and homework on time.
- Read at least 20 minutes each night.
- Always be prepared with supplies and assignments. Please restock pencil pouches and lockers with missing supplies.
- When you are absent, always get make up work from each teacher on the day of your return.
- Study each subject nightly to maximize learning, and encourage students to spend a longer period of time studying, when needed.
- Effective studying includes: making flashcards, having someone quiz you, teaching the information to someone, or turning your notes into graphic organizers or illustrations. Students should be able to answer their Cornell note questions and check it as taught, with the notes folded over.
- Please check Synergy weekly to stay informed of your child’s grades.
The Believers team follows the school-wide grading policy: Tests/Projects 40%, Quizzes 30%, Practice 30%. Make up work is required to be made up within ONE WEEK of an absence. It is the STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY to get make up work. Late work is accepted WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME AND FOR A LOWERED GRADE.
All Believers core classes are located in the Annex. Students are escorted to the main building for lunch and elective classes. Parents/Guardians must check in at the office in the MAIN building to pick up students and/or visit classrooms.
The Believers teachers expect good manners, motivation for learning, and cooperative attitudes in order to foster a positive learning environment. In addition to each teacher’s classroom rules, the students are expected to adhere to the following team guidelines:
- Be prepared. Students must bring the required supplies and assignments EVERY DAY.
- Stay on task at all times. Check your work twice. Always turn in completed, quality work. Ask for assistance BEFORE you get overwhelmed. We are here to help!
- Respect. Show respect for yourself, IRMS teachers and staff, your classmates, and property (yours AND others’).
- Be organized. Keep your belongings orderly. Feel free to ask for organizational assistance. Leave your work area clean and free from trash. Return all borrowed items exactly as you found them.
- Class changes and lines (in hallways and during fire drills) should be quiet and orderly.
- Personal grooming is not allowed in the classrooms, only in restrooms.
- Eating is NOT allowed in class and gum is prohibited.
The 7th grade uses a demerit system to deal with inappropriate behavior that we believe obstructs the educational process. Failure to meet the expectations listed above will result in the student receiving a demerit with the following consequences:
|1st Demerit||Send home, student returns signed form to assigning teacher, logged as a minor incident.|
|2nd Demerit||Send home, student returns signed form to assigning teacher, logged as a minor incident.|
|3rd Demerit||Parent contacted by teacher that assigned the 3rd Demerit. Logged as a minor incident.|
|4th Demerit||Referral to Grade Level Administrator|
|Any Demerits assigned beyond 5 will result in a referral to Grade Level Administrator.
Number of Demerits earned resets to zero at the end of each 9-week