Parents please log into ParentVue before SEPTEMBER 30TH and update or verify your student’s emergency contact information as well as any medical issues. This will ensure we have the most up to date information on your child.
Log onto ParentVue and click the Online Registration/Verification link at the top right.
All after-school and evening activities will be canceled. Physicals have been rescheduled for after school on Monday September 9th, 2019 at 4:00.
Due to the upcoming weather, Chesapeake Public Schools will be CLOSED for students and staff on Friday, September 6th, 2019, and all afterschool activities and athletic events on Friday will be cancelled.
The average child reads for only 6 HOURS over summer vacation. That’s only 4 minutes and 30 seconds a day, the time it takes to watch “Gangnam Style” or microwave a frozen chicken ﬁnger! These 4 tips will help students avoid the summer reading slide:
- Provide Access to Summer Books: By spending approximately $40 to $50 per year on summer books for each child, schools can begin to alleviate the summer reading achievement gap.
- Prioritize Student Choice: Motivate students to spend more time reading by letting them self-select summer reading books based on their personal interests—topics THEY ﬁnd fascinating.
- Foster Engagement at Home: Parents and guardians can encourage kids to read more by discussing the titles they’re reading together. Plan fun title-related activities too!
- Offer High-Interest Titles: Some of the most popular summer reads for kids include pop culture titles, animal and habitat books, humor, and popular series.
This information was provided by Booksource. For more information, visit www.booksource.com.
After hearing recent community concerns regarding student safety on election days, the School Board considered two revised calendar options. The proposed changes aimed to eliminate student attendance on the upcoming election days (March 3. 2020. and May 5, 2020). After some discussion, the Board approved option B.
Please take a moment to review and note the following changes on the revised calendar:
- November 4, 2019, originally a teacher workday/in-service day, will now be a full instructional day.
- November 5, 2019, originally a teacher workday, will now be a teacher workday/in-service day.
- First semester exams will now be scheduled on January 21, 22. and 23. 2020.
- January 23, 2020, originally scheduled as a full instructional day, will now be an early release day.
- January 24. 2020, originally an early release day, will now be a teacher workday/in-service day.
- January 27 and 28, 2020. originally scheduled as teacher workdays, are now full instructional days.
- March 3 and May 5, 2020, originally scheduled as instructional days, will now be teacher workdays.
- March 5, 2020, originally an elementary early release day, will now be a full instructional day
- March 27, 2020, originally a full instructional day. will now be an early release day/teacher records day .
- April 3, 2020, originally an early release day/teacher records day, will now be a full instructional day.
Please visit www.cpschools.com/calendar for the full calendar.
The Chesapeake Public Schools Department of Human Resources is accepting applications for bus drivers/assistants, school nutrition workers, and lunchroom monitors for the 2018-2019 school year. If you know someone who is seeking employment, please share this information or visit http://www.cpschools.com. Thanks in advance!
The IRMS PTSA is excited about the 2019-2020 school year! To make this school year truly a success, we need your help. To find out how you can become involved and volunteer throughout the school year, please contact Megan Lewis (Volunteer Chair) at