Indian River High School
Indian River High School and the School Counseling/Guidance Department are committed to helping our students and families make post-high school education more affordable. Whether your plans after high school are to attend a 4-year college, 2-year college, or a trade/technical school, there are scholarships available!
Scholarship information will be posted and updated throughout the school year in multiple ways:
IRH Scholarships Schoology Group: Students can join the IRH Scholarships schoology group by logging into schoology >> clicking groups >> my groups >> join a group.
Enter the access code to join: QHNF-4FT2-DRX75 -Students (Parents/Guardians will see updates in schoology)
Email List: If you would like to be added to Mr. H’s Scholarship Blast email list please sign up by clicking the link: https://forms.gle/j9RXTiLx8FeMrPp2A. – Students & Parents/Guardians.
ScholarshipVue: Students can access the ScholarshipVue online scholarship database by visiting our school’s website – www.cpschools.com/irh Choose the “Academics” tab à “Guidance” à “ScholarshipVue” and you will be directed to ScholarshipVUE. This site is managed by the scholarship counselors from the Chesapeake high schools. *Log in Instructions are on ScholarshipVue. * – Students & Parents/Guardians (Student ID # required).
In addition to these resources, if needed, seniors can request to meet virtually with Mr. Hargrove, the scholarship counselor, by sending an email to .
Please note: A Scholarship Award insert is included in the graduation program. As you receive scholarships, please upload a copy of the award letter to https://forms.gle/rhjUDq53zX6kwSc28 so you can be recognized at graduation.
There are many resources available to you to help fund your education! Here are some frequently used websites:
Please note: The websites listed above are not endorsed by Chesapeake Public Schools.
They are just examples of the many websites available for your consideration.
$eniors, Good luck and work hard! It will PAY off in the end!!!
$cholarship Application Tips
Please remember these simple tips when applying for scholarships:
- Know the requirements of the scholarship.
- Know and meet the deadlines.
- Know where to return the completed application.
- If you can, type the scholarship application making sure there are no grammatical or spelling errors. If you are not able to use a computer to fill in the application, write neatly in pen. Never use a pencil.
- Make sure your application is complete before turning it in or mailing it to the scholarship organization.
- Think of why you are deserving of that particular scholarship and highlight those reasons in your application and résumé. Scholarships are given to students who typically excel in one or more of the following areas: academics, athletics, leadership, community/school service, or extra-curricular activities.
- If you have to write an essay, make sure someone has proofread it.