Sometimes you will want to put posts on your school or department home page that has multiple columns or only shows a specific number of posts. To do this we need to create a WP Show Posts list item.
- click on the “add new” link under WP Show Posts in your WordPress dashboard.
- Enter a list title & select the post type (post is most common)
- Under the taxonomy drop-down select category (most common), once you do that your current post categories will appear. You can check one or all categories
- go through each tab and setting until you have your desired look and layout.
- copy the short code in the usage box on the right side
- click save
- paste the short code on the page where you want your posts to appear (homepage is most common), then save.