Listed below are required training modules licensed teachers must complete every renewal cycle. Please visit the Virginia Department of Education website to access these training modules and to review the most current information on licensure in the state of Virginia.
Required for All Licensed Teachers
- Child Abuse and Neglect Recognition and Intervention
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Meaningful IEP Online*
*teacher must type in name and date before printing certificate; handwritten certificates won’t be accepted
- Building a More Inclusive Community Key Elements
- CPR/First Aid/AED, to include hands-on CPR**
**Sign up for a Heartsaver class through Professional Development OR complete the three (3) separate training modules located on the Vector platform under the “Health” tab. Check with your principal, school nurse, or Department Head to schedule a CPR hands-on training session.
Specific Endorsements Only
- School Counselor (applies only to School Counselors)
- Virginia History or State and Local Government (applies only to those with the following endorsements):
- Early – Grades NK-8, Elementary Grades K-7, Elementary Grades K-8, Elementary Grades 1-7, Middle Education K-8
- Elementary – Grades 4-7, Kindergarten Elementary Grades 1-7, Economics, Government, History, History and Social Sciences,
- Middle Education – Grades 4-8, Middle Education Grades 5-8, Middle Education Grades 6-8, Middle Education Grades 6-7
- Middle Education 6-8: History and Social Science, Social Studies – Without History