Hugo Owens Middle School is proud to serve the many military families who work and live in our community. We are committed to providing support, resources, and enriching programs to enhance our students’ educational experiences and support their families.
This webpage is designed to provide information to military families that are relocating to Chesapeake and have questions about the Deep Creek zone. Please visit our district military resources page dedicated to information for our military families to find important information relevant to all of the forty-seven schools in Chesapeake Public Schools.
Our school counselors are prepared and ready to assist military families wishing to enroll their student at Hugo Owens Middle School! In addition to our in-school Counselors, Chesapeake Public Schools has a School Liaison Officer who is available to assist incoming military families.
Student Opportunities at Hugo Owens Middle School
Extra Curricular Activities at Hugo Owens Middle School
Athletics at Hugo Owens Middle School
Parent Resources at Hugo Owens Middle School
PTA/PTSA Hugo Owens Middle School
Hugo Owens Middle School Military Family Point of Contact or Counselor
Planning for Arrival to Hugo Owens
- Registration for any Chesapeake Public school begins online. After completing the online registration, a member of the school counseling office will contact the parent/guardian for an appointment to complete the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact our enrollment secretary at 757-558-5382.
- A TDap shot is required for any incoming middle school student (military families have 30 days to get immunizations up to date).
Preparing Your Move from Hugo Owens Middle School
- Please contact the counseling office to complete a withdrawal form.
- Advance notice of at least one week is greatly appreciated.
- Exceptional Learning
- SOL Testing Information
- Regular, honors and gifted courses are offered at Hugo Owens Middle School. Student grades and previous placement are used when scheduling new students.
Military Interstate Compact Agreement