Hickory Middle School is proud to serve the many military families who work and live in our community. We are committed to providing support, resources, and enriching programs to enhance our students’ educational experiences and support their families.
This webpage is designed to provide information to military families that are relocating to Chesapeake and have questions about the Hickory zone. Please visit our district military resources page dedicated to information for our military families to find important information relevant to all of the forty-seven schools in Chesapeake Public Schools.
Our guidance department is prepared and ready to assist military families wishing to enroll their student at Hickory Middle School! In addition to our in-school Counselors, Chesapeake Public Schools has a School Liaison Officer who is available to assist incoming military families.
Welcome military families to Hickory Middle School! We are proud to serve our students and families by being supportive and knowledgeable. The designated military school personnel listed below are intended to assist with specific military needs. We recognize that military families face unique challenges such as moving frequently and deployments. It is Hickory Middle School’s mission to ensure every student and family is provided the tools for success.
Student Opportunities at HMS
Extra Curricular Activities at HMS
Parent Resources at HMS
Hickory Middle School Military Family Point of Contact or Counselor
Military School Personnel Contact Information
- School-Based Military Student Point of Contact: Rene Green (757) 421-0468
- School-Based Student Transition Team Coordinator: Stacey Vinson (757) 421-0468
Planning for Arrival to Hickory
- Steps to Enroll a New HMS Student
- For enrollment questions please contact the Student Enrollment Office at 757-547-0545 or Hickory Middle School at 757-421-0468.
- The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity provides transitional accommodations and resources.
Preparing Your Move from Hickory
- Complete a withdrawal form which can be obtained through the school counseling office or by emailing HMS.
- For more information regarding school transcripts