Guidance Director-Stacey Vinson
6th Grade Counselor-Rene Green
7th Grade Counselor– Monisha Bynum
8th Counselor- Cindi Dashiell
Enrollment Steps to Enroll a New HMS Student
Welcome to HMS! The following are the necessary steps to enroll your child:
1. Email to request an enrollment packet. Put “ENROLLMENT PACKET” in the subject line.
2. Call 757-421-0468 to make an appointment with our Guidance Department for enrollment.
3. When you receive the enrollment packet, print all pages and fill them out completely.
4. Page 8, THE AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF INFORMATION, is needed by the school as soon as possible. This allows us to get the needed information from your child’s last school. Fill out that form and email/scan to or fax to 757-421-0475.
5. Be sure to bring the following to your appointment with Guidance:
a. Completely filled out packet
b. Proof of address. At the school level, HMS can only accept a gas, water or electric bill that shows usage.
c. Birth Certificate
d. Last Report Card
e. Shot Record with PROOF of TDAP
Please note that it may be required for your student to take the Orleans Hanna Assessment to determine math placement at the time of the appointment. No preparation is required.