VIRGINIA Youth Electronic Employment Certificate Instructions Overview
Youth Employment Certificates are issued through Virginia’s New Employment Certificate application site. Please read the notices below PRIOR to beginning the registration process.
Youth MUST BE age 14 or age 15 to apply for an employment certificate.
Youth DO NOT begin the registration process for an employment certificate until you have a firm offer of employment.
You WILL NOT be issued an employment certificate until you have an employer.
You MUST NOT begin to work until you have been issued an employment certificate by the Department of Labor and Industry.
Youth, Employer, and Parent, Guardian or Custodian, it is IMPORTANT to review the “Child Labor FAQ’s” on the Agency website PRIOR TO REGISTERING for important legal requirements concerning the employment of youth in the Commonwealth.
- Go to Virginia Department of Labor
- Click on Youth Registration
- Complete the Youth Application
- Provide your Youth Unique Identifier code to your parents and perspective employer
- Parents complete the Parent/Guardian Registration