Mid-year transcripts are now available. Please submit your request for mid-year transcripts through Parchment. If you applied to a college/university through The Common Application, please request your transcript be sent to The Common Application. You will need your Common App ID number. If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
Current Students and Recent Graduates (2017 and Beyond): Request your transcript using your Parchment account. Please allow 14 working school days for processing. If you request your transcript over a weekend or holiday, processing may take longer.
Former Students: Graduates of 2015 and 2016 – Request your transcript in person by completing the transcript release form found on this page. Click here to open the Transcript Release Form. Parchment does not have your transcript. Click the Online School Payment link to pay online, or you can pay by cash or check when you come to pick up your transcript.
Graduates prior to five years ago: You may obtain an official copy of your High School Transcript or Immunization Record by following this process:
- If you graduated or left Chesapeake Public Schools more than 5 years ago, please choose one of the following options:
- Online Requests: Former students may submit records requests using the division’s . Requestors will be asked to enter the name of the last school they attended, the date of graduation or withdrawal, date of birth and additional information to authenticate their identity. Payment by credit card must be made online with the request. Upon submission, requests will be processed within 14 working days and mailed to the address provided by the requester.
- Mailed Requests: Former students may request student records by submitting the school division’s . Requests will be processed within 14 working days upon receipt of a complete and signed form with payment. Payment is only by check or money order made payable to Chesapeake Public Schools. Records will be mailed to the address provided by the requester on the provided release.
Chesapeake Public Schools
2107 Liberty Street
Chesapeake, VA 23324
Ordering Transcripts Through Parchment
Parchment Guide to Ordering Transcripts
In these instructions, you will learn how to create a Parchment account.
- If you are under 18, you must check the box to confirm that you have your parents’ permission to create the account.
- You must have a signed Transcript Request Authorization form on file with your counselor.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long, and contain both letters and numbers.
- During the registration process, you will be asked if you’d like to share your information with colleges and/or employers looking for people like you. If you opt-in, we will make some of the information you provide to us available to a variety of colleges and programs. The colleges and programs can then send you information.
HOW TO CREATE A PARCHMENT ACCOUNT
- Go to the Hickory High School website and click on the Parchment link from the scrolling menu bar. This will take you to the Hickory High School Parchment Page and should show the school’s information at the top.
- Click on “New Learner Account”, and scroll down the page to see the demographic information.
- Select “I do not have a registration code”
- Enter your full name as it is listed on your StudentVue account. Do not use nicknames.
- Enter your Date of Birth, the Year that You Started at Hickory High School, the Last Year Attended, Highest Level of Education, Student ID number, email address and create a password. Make sure to type your email correctly, as this is what you will use to sign into your account in the future.
- Click Sign-up.
Place an order for a transcript through Parchment
- Log into your Parchment account.
- Click the green Order button. If you don’t see this, then you haven’t added your school to your account. To do this, click + Add another school or organization you attended.
- Select your destination.
- You can search for a destination, or enter a mailing or email address manually.
- You’ll land on the Order Details page.
- To wait until your next grades are in before sending your transcript, select Hold for Grades from the drop-down menu.
- To send your transcript to another destination, click + Add Another Destination.
- Your total charges appear on the right side, and include any shipping fees.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Review your order. To make any changes, click Edit Order. Otherwise, click Continue.
- You are now on the Provide Consent page. If you’ve provided consent previously, you may not have to do anything here. Otherwise, this is where you (or your parent/guardian) authorizes Parchment to release your transcript from your school.
- Use your mouse or stylus to sign your name in the box.
- Type your name into the box and check the box to confirm that you are authorized to order the transcript.
- For minors, a parent must sign in the box, type their name, and check the box that certifies they are authorized to order the transcript. However, if you are a minor and ordering your college transcript, you can sign.
- Click Save & Continue.
- You will make a payment, if applicable (we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). Enter your payment and billing information and click Checkout.
To request your high school transcript to be sent to the Common Application through Parchment:
- Create an account at www.commonapp.org and note your Common App ID.
- Follow the instructions to invite your counselor to be a Recommender. This will trigger an email to your counselor, which explains how to submit school forms online.
- Your Counselor must accept your invitation to be a Recommender.
- Your Counselor must open your Secondary School Report before you can place a transcript request to the Common Application.
- Once you have created your Common Application account and invited your counselor to be a Recommender, sign in to your Parchment Account.
- If you don’t have an account yet, you will need to register.
- Click Order under the name of your school.
- Type Common App into the search box and click Select.
- Enter your Common App ID and then continue the ordering process.
- Uncheck the box that asks if you want to set the Common App as one of your colleges. This is a defaulted box, so you must uncheck the box.
- Once your school has approved your request and uploaded your transcript, your transcript will be sent directly to the Common App where it will be matched to your school forms and submitted on your behalf.
For helpful tips on navigating Parchment please view the Troubleshooting Parchment document.