Information about summer programs is received throughout the year. Some programs are offered every year and some are not. The programs listed below are recurring programs. Please visit the websites to see when the organizations will offer the program for this school year.
Students should also refer to the counseling Schoology course for their graduating class for announcements about programs.
Outside of the academic experience students will engage virtually with industry leaders to learn about the vast opportunities in the field of computing. Students will have an opportunity to be mentored by industry leaders throughout the country. At the conclusion of the program students will receive a comprehensive evaluation which can be integrated into their academic portfolios for college admission purposes.
For specific questions related to how the curriculum and student experience will be delivered in a virtual framework please email .
- Required hardware and wireless connectivity. If students do not have a computer or access to the internet, please let us know and a solution will be found to allow participation.
- U.S. Location. The Program is available only to individuals in the United States. Students are required to be physically located in the United States at all times when accessing Program courses and/or activities.
- Gain peer mentorship from college students attending various universities nationally
- Learn about the college life experience of residential living, campus dining, and engagement with Virginia Tech and other universities
- Daily workshops on navigating and completing the college application process, applying for scholarships and financial aid
- Learn about local resources available to Latinx Virginia high school students
- Networking with professionals and building community
- 2.5 GPA or above
- Rising junior or senior
- Enrolled full-time in a Virginia high school
- Access to internet and electronic device
- Develops a diverse and supportive community of STEM Scholars interested in attending top-tier universities.
- Strengthens students’ commitment to pursuing STEM-related disciplines.
- Broadens students understanding and access to opportunities made available through study in STEM.
- Equips students with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be successful STEM scholars.
William & Mary’s SEP is an academically challenging program with an emphasis on inquiry-based learning for students. The program is not meant to replace the regular school curriculum; rather, it recognizes the importance of allowing able children to explore additional specialized areas of science, mathematics, humanities, and the arts. Click for More Information.Summer 2021 SEP registration is now open for high ability students in grades 2-12. William & Mary’s Center for Gifted Education is excited to offer 2 weeks of virtual opportunities with courses available in the morning and afternoon each week. We have virtual courses available in the areas of robotics, civics, STEM, coding, writing, social science, and many more. Please see our Summer 2021 brochure for more information.