Director of Student Activities
HHS Student Council Association
What is SCA?
Student Council Association is an alternate day, non-credit bearing class available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors that involves planning school events, promoting spirit week and pep rallies, fundraising, giving assistance where needed, and becoming the voice of the student body.
Step By Step SCA Application Process
- Make sure you are using your @k12cpschools account when logging in with Google.
- Go to the application online and complete the SCA Application Form
- Be sure to send emails to three teachers and your guidance counselor and include the links they need to use. Recommendation requests need to be sent to these individuals by January 31st. Teachers and guidance counselors must be allowed an appropriate amount of time to complete the recommendation. Be sure to follow up with the individuals you choose.
- Your parents will also fill out a recommendation. Please secure a paper copy of this recommendation and turn it in at the office and ask to be placed in Mrs. Sarver’s mailbox by February 7th by 8:30 am. DO NOT bring them to her classroom.
- Applications will NOT be accepted late. It is important as a student leader to be conscience of deadlines; one displays responsibility and maturity when able to complete tasks on time. The following week will be used to review applications. A complete list of accepted applications will appear outside of room 172 by February 10th.
- First round includes a group interview. You will be in a small group and assigned tasks to complete. You must be available for the group interview February 24th 6-7pm in the Auditorium.
- Second round includes a personal interview. The questions will be give to you if you make it through the group interview. You will select a time during your lunch, during the week of March 2nd-6th. Selections will be made by March 7th.
Hawk Pride: Wall of Honor
Hickory High School will be installing a Wall of Honor which will display the name, armed service branch and graduation year of our brave and courageous alumni.
Please complete the Wall of Honor form to help us honor those who have served or currently are serving our country!
If you have any questions, please contact Lesley Sarver.