Director of Student Activities
HHS Student Council Association
What is SCA?
Student Council Association is an alternate day, non-credit bearing class available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors that involves planning school events, promoting spirit week and pep rallies, fundraising, giving assistance where needed, and becoming the voice of the student body.
What exactly does SCA do?
To give you a taste of what really goes on behind the scenes, this past year the SCA:
- Planned and revitalized Hickory High’s semi-formal Homecoming dance for all grade levels
- Created a “Paws and Relax” event during the week of finals involving therapy dogs
- Implemented a “Hawks Random Act of Kindness” revolution
- Sponsored a Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need
- Visited and donated socks to senior citizens in a retirement home
- Ran a “Trick-or-Treat so Kids Can Eat” food drive raising over 2,061 pounds of canned goods
- Attended numerous state-wide leadership conferences including VSCA (Virginia Student Council Association)
- Plans are underway to revamp the school bathrooms
- Sponsored the Student vs. Faculty Basketball Game
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Hawk Pride: Wall of Honor
Hickory High School will be installing a Wall of Honor which will display the name, armed service branch and graduation year of our brave and courageous alumni.
Please complete the Wall of Honor form to help us honor those who have served or currently are serving our country!
If you have any questions, please contact .
HHS SCA and the Community
On February 28th, thirteen of our Hawks participated in the annual Mayor’s Youth Day. Our Hawks represented Hickory in the greatest of light, through their poise, professionalism, friendly attitudes and overall excitement for the day.
Students spoke during the Mock School Board Meeting where school safety was discussed or the Mock City Council Meeting where the use of drones was debated and the concerns of flooding in Chesapeake were addressed.
It was a fun, educational experience.