To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging
and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children
Welcome back Hawk Families!
We are so grateful to be starting this school year with so many things back to normal! We are looking forward to seeing all of you back on campus at all of the normal events! But first things first, we need your help to be able to successfully support our amazing staff at HHS. We need you and your family to join the PTSA, make a direct donation, shop at the Hawks Nest for hawk gear, surprise a friend by “hawking” their yard, vote to accept the proposed budget and final audit, make sure your merchant reward links are updated this year with HHS and follow us on social media to stay connected!!
The Hickory High School PTSA membership drive is in full swing. HHS PTSA Membership goals for 2022-2023 are as follows:
- 100% faculty/staff membership
- 25% or greater male membership
- 25% student membership…and don’t forget, Seniors must be members to apply for one of five $1,000 PTSA scholarships offered
- 1,600 memberships to reach 100% membership for the school
We will have a random drawing once a month for those students and faculty members that have joined. They will each win a goody bag from the Hawks Nest.
In an effort to eliminate numerous fundraisers throughout the school year, we are asking that you make a direct donation to the HHS PTSA so we are able to continue to support the staff and students at HHS! We’ve made it easy this year and you can make a donation on MemberHub at the same time you are renewing your membership! We would love to raise enough funds through this stress-free fundraiser, rather than conduct any fundraisers that consist of selling any products or visiting any fast food restaurants. Our goal to is raise $5,000 this year.
The HHS PTSA’s main source of income is the Hawks Nest Store, and this year, we are able to open the Hawks Nest every day during all three lunches. There is hawk gear available to purchase, as well as a variety of snacks and beverages to purchase for $1.00-$3.00. We accept, cash, check, credit card, and Apple Pay to make it as convenient as possible. We will have the merchandise cart at home varsity football games on Friday evenings, at home volleyball games on Thursdays, (when a volunteer is available), and look for us at Open House and other events during the school year. Because we are lucky enough to open daily this year, we are also looking for your help to keep the Nest stocked. Here is a link to a Sign Up Genius with some of the students favorite snacks, but please feel free to send in any snacks that you think the kiddos would enjoy. Please mark the items as HHS PTSA or Hawks Nest and leave with Security.
Hawk-A-Yard is back!! Your special recipient will be hawked with a “flock” of black and teal Hawks and a sign in their yard on the evening before the requested date and picked up on the evening of the requested date. We will leave a note in the mailbox for the person who was “hawked”.
Budget and Audit Approval
We will have a short General Membership meeting during the Open House event on Tuesday, September 13, 2022 to vote on the proposed budget for 2022-2023 and the Audit of the 2021-2022 financial statements. Those documents are linked for your review prior to the meeting. There will also be a summary available at the meeting.
A few other simple ways to support HHS PTSA:
- Link your VIC card to HHS today with code 6941 online, through the HT app or in store at checkout. This has to be done each year in August. https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education
- Link your Kroger plus card to HHS PTSA. Create an account online, and link to HHS PTSA (code MX049). This only has to be done once. https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards
- Using your Amazon account you can choose to donate to HHS PTSA. Sign into your Amazon account, in settings click on Amazonsmile and choose Hickory High PTSA. This only has to be done once. https://www.amazon.com/gp/clpf… Now just shop like you normally do and every time you make a purchase a donation will be made to HHS with no additional out of pocket expenses for you!
- We have something very exciting to announce! Givebacks is a magical new cashback program for families and schools. You could earn hundreds a year while also supporting HHS PTSA just by shopping as you normally do. We’ll get a $5 bonus for each new active supporter, and YOU will receive $5 cashback for each new active backer you refer! Givebacks – Get Cashback for You & Your Cause
QR Codes for all of the links referenced above have been added below for your convenience!
And as always, we THANK YOU for your continued support!!
Ways to connect and stay in the loop with the HHS PTSA:
- Email the PTSA at
- PTSA_HHS Twitter Account
- PTSA Facebook Account
- PTSA Instagram Account https://instagram.com/ptsa_hhs?utm_medium=copy_link