Hickory High School Senior Class of 2020,
In order to best suite your preference, participate in our Senior Social survey. HHS Seniors must log in with their Google credentials and may only vote once. If you are not an HHS Senior, your vote will be eliminated. Visit the Senior Class Dates page to place your vote.
Thanks for your participation.
If you are considering applying to college, our Guidance Department is here to help. Please visit our Counseling page to view upcoming college and recruiter visits, as well as other online resources the HHS Guidance Department has prepared for you!
Scholarship Sharing is hosting a Fall 2019 Scholarship & College Fair Sept 21, 2019 from 12-4 pm at the Jane. P. Batten Center 5817 Wesleyan Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
This fair has in-state and out-of-state colleges and scholarship foundations which participate each year. Colleges waive admissions fees on-site, and foundations have students apply for their scholarships which can be used at any school.
Scholarship Foundations will also have scholarships which can be used at any college.
The event will also have a “How to find Scholarships” presentation by our president and founder who graduated debt-free three times.
Visit this link to register:
The Back Gravel parking lot is reserved for oversized vehicles only. The Front Gravel parking lot is reserved for CCC, Teachers for Tomorrow, late arrival or early dismissal due to a 3×3, 4×3, 3×4 schedule.
The Teal Lot is reserved for seniors only and the Black Lot is reserved for underclassmen.
*New* Parking will be on a first come-first serve basis. Seniors may pay extra to paint a spot which will then be their reserved spot.
*New* Members of the Student Council Association as well as class officers will have a designated parking area in the teal and black lot.
Steps for obtaining your own parking permit:
- Print and complete Hickory High School Acknowledgment Statement.
- Visit our Parking Application Form to fill in the required information. To complete this form, please sign out of all personal Google accounts and sign into the school assigned Google account. The form will only work using a CPS Google account.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2:
Visit Hickory High School on the following dates outside of the Auditorium:
- July 29 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Seniors only
- July 31 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Juniors only
- August 1 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Seniors/Juniors
- August 12 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Seniors/Juniors
- August 14 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Seniors/Juniors
- After August 14, must see Mrs. Sarver in room 172 during any lunch on Wednesdays.
- Seniors may paint any of those days during those times and must have paint checked by Mrs. Sarver.
Please bring with you:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License (out of state with military ID)
- Proof of car insurance
- Completed Hickory High School Acknowledgment Statement, and the Parking application Form
- Twenty five dollars (cash (exact change only), check payable to HHS, or pay online)
Hickory High School is so proud of the accomplishments of its PTSA and thankful for its generous contributions.
This year the PTSA Provided:
- $6000 in scholarships
- Communications via Social Media
- National PTA Reflections
- a 7th Elkay H2O Station
- School Signage
- $14000 in School Projects
- $500 Towards After Prom
- $2000 in Teacher Grants
- The Annual Spring Artisan Craft Show
They Provided By:
- $9300 in Membership Dues and Donations
- $12000 from the Hawks Nest School Store
- $6200 from the Craft Show
- $2200 from Harris Teeter and Kroger
- $200 from Hawk-a-Yard
Want to learn more about the HHS PTSA?
- June 24, 25 – senior pictures
- July 29, 30 – senior pictures
- Sep 16 & 17 – underclass pictures
- Sep 25 – senior formal make ups
- Oct 28 – underclass make up pictures
- Nov 19 – club pictures
- Feb 14 – senior cap and gown pictures
Thank you PTSA for your support and contributions to Hickory High School, the faculty and staff, and our students.
It’s not too late to join the PTSA – only $7. Seniors must be members to apply for one of many $1000 PTSA scholarships.
Visit the HHS PTSA Page to learn more about how the PTSA supports HHS.