Come join us for the cps college fair. Over 100 colleges & universities will be there.
- When – Monday, October 22nd, 2018
- Where – Indian River High School
For more information & registration information view the Chesapeake Public Schools College Fair Flyer.
Hickory Band Parents Association Presents the 22nd Annual Hickory Craft fair on November 10th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Hickory High School. Complete with over 130 vendors, there will also be concessions and raffles! Visit www.hickorycraftfair.org for more information.
Where and When is Saturday School?
- HHS Cafeteria
- Starts at 8:15am—SHARP!
- Ends at 11:15 am—No Early Releases!
- Once per Marking Period; First Session is on October 27th
Why Would You Want to Attend Saturday School?
- VHSL Study Session
- Make-up Work Session
- Extended Day: Make-up 2 Absences
- In-School Suspension Alternative
What Do You Need to Do at Saturday School?
- Communicate with your teachers for make-up work
- Bring your own materials: paper, pens, pencils, books, calculators, etc. to do school work
- Follow all school policies and procedures
- Bring your own devices: educational use only!
- Bring a snack for the break
**Attendance does NOT affect the Exam Exemption Policy
Hickory High School Families,
Do you want to learn more about what is going on at Hickory High School? The Hawk Talk is written by HHS’s administrative team to help keep the community informed of all the latest news. A new section called “The Hawk Talk” has been added to the Parents Tab of the website’s menu.
View the September edition of The Hawk Talk!
HHS Seniors! This is an exciting year for you. Take a look at what is coming up and get involved!
- Thursdays (starting on Sept 27) – Pay $5 dues (Only once for the whole year). Before 8:40 AM in Room 101
- Please donate to the After Prom Fund to help provide a fun and safer way to celebrate. Each senior is asked to consider a minimum donation of $20 to help make this year’s After Prom the best to date! Chesapeake Public Schools Online School Payments – After Prom Donations
- October 18 – Yearbook – Early bird deadline for senior ads
- October 20 – Car Wash Fundraiser (can earn NHS volunteer hours) 10AM -1PM at 7-11 on Hanbury
- October 30 – YEARBOOK deadline Mrs. Rowland in 202 or the main office
· Senior portrait· Baby picture· Activity sheet
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “Heroes Around Me,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts.
Congratulations Mr. Jones on being selected as the Old Dominion University Center for Economic Education’s 2018 Outstanding Economic Educator of the Year! This award, sponsored by the Virginia Council on Economic Education, annually recognizes and rewards educators who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to the instruction of economics.
Based on his commitment to economics education and his continued support of the programs sponsored by the Old Dominion University Center for Economic Education and the Virginia Council on Economic Education such as the Stock Market Game and the Governor’s Challenge in Economics, the ODU Center has chosen Mr. Jones as the 2018 Outstanding Economic Educator of the Year!
On August 31, 2018, there will be a change to the way Chesapeake Public Schools’ (CPS) students access Google G-Suite. The domain name for students will change from @cpschools.com to @k12cpschools.com. This change impacts STUDENT Google G Suite accounts only. All faculty and staff accounts will remain the same. Students who already had a CPS Google account will continue to use the passwords they set last year, but must login using the new extension (@k12cpschools.com). Google accounts for new students will be available after September 4, 2018, and will be set up with the new domain name.
Thank you PTSA for your support and contributions to Hickory High School, the faculty and staff, and our students.
Visit the HHS PTSA Page to learn more about how the PTSA supports HHS.
Grab your spirit gear at the Hawks Nest – now open Monday through Friday from 12-2 during all lunches.
Please email if you would like to volunteer or have any questions.
Proceeds directly benefit Hickory High School.
There is a lot happening at HHS! Click the link to visit the SCA Page to see all the great events our school has to offer!
Hickory High School will be installing a Wall of Honor which will display the name, armed service branch and graduation year of our brave and courageous alumni.
Please complete the Wall of Honor form to help us honor those who have served or currently are serving our country!
If you have any questions, please contact .