Georgetown Primary School and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and how the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve Virginia’s high standards.
The staff will:
- Provide a high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s standards as follows:
- Hold parent-teacher conferences, at least annually, during which parent, teacher, and student responsibilities will be discussed related to the individual child’s achievement.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and observe classroom activities.
The parents will:
- Making sure that my child attends school regularly.
- Establishing a homework routine and making sure that homework is completed.
- Monitoring and limiting the use of TV, Internet, and computer games.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s time outside of school.
- Communicating with my child’s teachers regularly.
The students will:
- Take responsibility for completing all classroom work and homework assignments.
- Attend school regularly and promptly.
- Follow the rules of the school.
- Demonstrate respect for myself, other students, and adults.
- Set goals and ask for help, when needed, to reach them.