Parents and students, please join us January 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm for a presentation about transitioning to Grassfield High School. Prior to the presentation, parents and students may attend our Scheduling Fair to explore the various elective options offered at GFH. Elective teachers will be available to provide information beginning at 5:30 pm.
Thursday, January 17, 2019 at Grassfield High School
Scheduling Fair – 5:30 pm
Parent Night Presentation – 6:30 pm Auditorium
Grassfield High School is celebrating January’s Reading Month. Please see the events we have planned for our students this month!!
1. Cocoa Café – enjoy a hot cup of cocoa before school January 23rd
2. Pop open a good book! – enjoy fresh popcorn to celebrate National Popcorn Day and check out a new read on Friday January 18th!
3. #ghsbookphotochallenge – post a picture of the challenge topic with the #ghsbookphotochallenge and tag us @grassfield_media_center on Instagram and/or @GFH_Mediacenter on Twitter for a chance to win a prize! One post a week will be picked to win a prize! Our Challenge topics are: Favorite Character, Most Inspiring Book, Scariest Book, Best Cover Art, Book that Made You Laugh, Best Book to Film, Favorite Villain, Brought Me to Tears, Favorite Couple, Best Book of All Time.
4. Teachers Read Too! – Teachers post what they are currently reading by their classroom to promote lifelong reading!
All Juniors and their families are invited to the Grassfield High School Annual Ring Ceremony. The ceremony will be held in the auditorium at 6:30 pm on January 22, 2019.
Please view the attached invitation for more details.
Note to Juniors : Please arrive by 5:45 pm. Professional attire required.
If you have any additional questions, please email Lisa McGlothlin at email@example.com
Grassfield High School presents …. Golden Age of Glamour
Saturday, January 26, 2019 from 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm. Tickets must be purchased in advanced and will be sold at all lunches on January 16,17,18,22 & 23. Tickets prices are $20 for GFHS students and $25 for Non-GFHS students. Acceptable payments types are CASH ONLY or using the online payment system!! A signed and completed permission slip must be filled out PRIOR to purchasing tickets. Permission slips will be available in the students homeroom class or at the main office. If you have any additional questions, please email Lisa McGlothlin at.
Many students may be able to take advantage of the new Attendance Exam Exemption Policy. Please view the FAQ’s document that is now available to address any questions you may have about the Final Exam Exemption policy. Students are encouraged to review the policy with their parents now to better understand their options as we approach exam time. Ask your teacher or guidance counselor for more information or if you have any additional questions.
Grassfield High School is proud to support the many military families that move into the division! We are have obtained the Purple Star designation by the Virginia Department of Education. As part of the efforts to best support our military families, we have developed a webpage with useful information and links to help support transitioning military students and their families. We hope you will visit our Grassfield High School Military Family page for more information. Please feel free to visit our Chesapeake Public Schools Military Family Resource site.
Chesapeake Public Schools is happy to announce the availability of Office 365 Pro Plus at no charge to all Chesapeake Public School (CPS) students for use on personal computer equipment.
The licensing allows the installation of the software on up to five compatible PC and/or MAC computers. In addition, a simplified version of the software may be installed on up to five tablet/mobile devices. The license will remain active as long as the division maintains this agreement and as long as you are a CPS student. Once the student withdraws from the division, they are no longer legally licensed to use the software.
Parking permits will be sold for $20.00 (CASH ONLY) and will ONLY be sold to seniors and juniors. Sophomores are NOT eligible to obtain a parking permit.
In order to apply for a GFHS parking permit, students will need to complete the following steps:
1. Submit an online application using this link. Online application
2. Read the Parking Permit Rules AND print and sign the GFHS Parking Permit Agreement. Bring this with you when you report to the GFHS auditorium to obtain the parking pass. View and print this parking pass agreement
3. Bring a valid Virginia driver’s license to the Grassfield High School on Wednesdays.
** NOTE: Those students who do not have internet access may pick up a copy of the parking permit application from the main office. **