Wildcat’s Den Support Club (Fundraising Alternative)
This is a program that we started last year at Great Bridge Middle School. Parents and students will have the
option of making a donation to the school in place of participating in the various fundraisers during the year.
This is being done at other schools in Virginia and has many benefits. Those benefits include things such as:
• 98% rather than 40% of the profits come directly to the school or students.
• No selling is involved.
• Parents with multiple students in different schools can help without buying items they do not really
• No money to collect, orders to turn in, or products to deliver
• The school can concentrate on educating, more than fundraising for most of the year.
• Administrative overhead was 2%
How does this work?
• Patrons can donate any amount.
• Based on the amount donated, the school will put a portion of your donation directly into the accounts
of organizations that usually fund raise. This includes athletics ($1,500.00 last year), music ($2,400.00 last
year), SCA ($550.00 last year), and all team accounts (such as Waves, Panthers, Courageous Cats, for
example, – $1,200.00 last year).
• There will also be some “perks” given to those who donate, as seen below.
- Donation Amount: Up to $50
- Certificate in lobby
- Donation Amount: $50 or more
- Certificate Lobby, Membership Card, Appreciation Dinner for Two
- Donation Amount: $100 or more
- Certificate Lobby, Membership Card, Appreciation Dinner for Two, Talent Show Admission, Drama Admission
- Donation Amount: $150 or more
- Certificate Lobby, Membership Card, Appreciation Dinner for Two, Talent Show Admission, Drama Admission, Athletic Pass, Spring Limo Lunch
There is a tiered system of donations and perks to the donor. Most perks for the donors will are in multiples of
two. They will receive two club membership cards, appreciation dinner for the family, two talent show
admissions, two drama production admissions, and two season passes (the membership cards) to home athletic
events. This is a sliding scale and the more you give the more you receive. We hope this will become even more
popular this year and be a “Win – Win” for everyone! All other fund raisers are separate, with their own
prizes. You are allowed to participate in all fund raisers; this is just another option for families to consider.
Forms are also located in the main office.