PTA – Every child. One voice.
Welcome Back! As the staff begins to come back this week, we would like to welcome them with a show of support from our Wildcat families! The PTA has placed a bin outside the main door of the school for our Cards for Staff initiative. Please feel free to drop off cards or notes of support for the GBMS staff. There is a slot on the top of the bin for easy drop off. Cards should be general, and not for a specific individual. These cards and notes with your kind words will be shared with all staff. Let’s fill the bin full of words of support for the GBMS staff as they begin the school year!
The GBMS PTA has started using an online communication tool called MemberHub.com. The PTA will use this to include you in our school community and keep you informed and engaged with what is happening. Within our MemberHub site, you will find our e-store, a link to join our PTA, and much more, all in one place! The cost to join PTA will remain $8.00 this year, but MemberHub charges a 78¢ service fee; therefore, you will notice a slight increase.
With MemberHub you can:
- Join the PTA, shop Giveback offers, and buy items online, such as spirit wear
- Sign up for volunteer time slots or needed items and receive reminders
- Install the MemberHub app on your smartphone for info on the go
Use the following link to join our PTA:
You can also visit the MemberHub website to add you and your family to our MemberHub group. Your information is stored securely and privately.
- 2020 GBMS Spirit Wear! Please visit the e-store later in September to purchase spirit wear.
We are excited about the 2020-2021 school year! Thank you and welcome to MemberHub.
Check us out on Facebook: Click here for PTA Facebook Page
Welcome and congratulations to the new 2020-2021 GBMS PTA Board of Directors and Committee Chairs!
- President – Missy Dominek
- VP 1 (Volunteer Coordinator) – Meghan McDermott
- VP 2 – (Programs) – Amanda Guckert
- Treasurer – Stephanie Van Leeuwen
- Secretary – Alexis James
- Membership Co-Chairs – Daria Rupe & Krisa Mitchell
- Spirit Wear Chair – Jenn Groves
- Reflections Chair – Melissa Jones
- Hospitality Chair – Sharla Richards and Angela Pomeranz
- Fundraising Chair – Missy Dominek
- Administration Rep. – Joey Robins
Board Meeting Schedule 2020 – 2021
Board meetings will be held the second Thursday of each month at 6 PM. We will start the year off on Zoom for our meetings, until the time comes where we can meet at the school. Prior to each meeting, an agenda will be emailed to everyone, including a Zoom meeting link.
Thursday, August 13
- Thursday, September 10
- Thursday, October 8
- Thursday, November 12
- Thursday, December 10
- Thursday, January 14
- Thursday, February 11
- Thursday, March 11
- Thursday, April 15 (date adjusted due to Spring Break)
- Thursday, May 14
Anytime you shop at Amazon, please consider bookmarking our dedicated link set up on Amazon Smile. By using this link, all of your eligible purchases will benefit Great Bridge Middle PTA every time you shop. After clicking the link below and signing in to your account, you should see the words, “Supporting: Great Bridge Middle PTA” in the top left corner of your page. Thank you for your support.
Please consider linking or re-linking your Harris Teeter VIC card to help the PTA. A portion of every purchase will benefit GBMS PTA. If you previously had the PTA linked, you have to re-link for this school year. Thank you so much for your support.
- All cards must be re-linked by August 1st.
- Go to the Harris Teeter website and click “Together in Education.”
- Select “Link to your school.”
- Choose “Great Bridge Middle PTA, #8571.”
You may also go to the service counter and ask customer service to link your account.
- Name of Organization: Great Bridge Middle PTA
- TIE Number: 8571