GBMS Stands Behind Our Military Families
GBMS supports our military students transition in various ways:
- Student Ambassadors welcome new/military students as they transition to our school.
- Transitioning student brochure with basic school information to stay connected.
- Month of Military Child celebration in April with several activities.
- Deployment groups for student of deployed military parents/guardians are held during grade level lunches (announcements will be made)
GBMS is committed to serving families connected to our nation’s military. The resources below provide an overview of the educational opportunities and services that may be of interest to military-connected families who will be joining the Chesapeake Public Schools’ family.
For additional support, feel free to email Mrs. Tiffany Johnson, our School Liaison Officer. She serves the Chesapeake area and plays a vital role in assisting families as they navigate the complexities of transition and deployment.
Find A School
Join the CPS Family
- How to Enroll
- Health/Immunization Requirements
- School Hours
- Find a Daycare Provider
- After School Care – YMCA
- Student Handbook
- Employment Opportunities with Chesapeake Public Schools
- Athletics and Student Activities
- Questions? Contact CPS
- Preschool Opportunities
- Teaching & Learning
- Student/Teacher Ratios
- Career and Technical Education
- Special Education
- Gifted Education
- Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families
- Guidance for Military Families with Students in Special Education
- Interstate Compact
- Military Child Education Coalition
- Military Family Resiliency Training
- Military One Source
- Navy Marine Corps Relief Society
- Navy Child Development Centers