We welcome you to your school library and look forward to working with each of you. Inside you will find a relaxing place where you can hang out with your friends while studying, explore new worlds through reading, challenge your skills with online educational games and listen to adventurous audio books.
Library Media Resource Login to Destiny to have access to our library’s catalog, the research databases, and the online encyclopedia. Please refer to your student planner or see your school librarians for the passwords to the databases and the encyclopedia.
Username: Your student identification number
Password: Your birthdate (example: 02mar99!)
Click the icon below to access the Destiny Library Search.
Policies & Visiting Us
- The media center is open daily from 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Students who arrive early may come to the media center from 7:45 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Students may also use the media center during homeroom (8:15 a.m. – 8:40 a.m.) by obtaining a library pass from their teacher.
- Teachers may send students to the media center for specific purposes, like research, to complete an assignment, and to check out or return books.
- Students are welcome to come to the media center during lunch. Five library lunch passes per team are available in the cafeteria.
Checking Out and Returning Books
- Students may check out a total of three books for a two week period.
- Students may not check out books if they have an overdue book.
- If students are not finished with their books, they can renew by bringing their books to the library or logging onto Destiny.
- Books can be returned in the library or at any book drop in the school. Book drops are located on the first floor in the 8th grade wing of the building and on the second floor near the elevator.
The media center maintains a collection of over 15,000 books, a variety of online databases, an online newspaper, magazines, and a growing number of audiobooks. A network of thirty computers are available to students for research and class assignments. We are always trying to keep up with technology and provide our teachers with a wide variety of resources that will help them enhance their classroom instruction. Our inventory of equipment consist of mounted TV’s in every classroom, laptops for every teacher, CD/audio cassette players, tape recorders, overhead projectors, document cameras, data projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, mobile laptops, and Smart Boards.
Library & Lunch Book Club
The “Library Lunch Bunch” meets in the media center every other month starting in February. Students need to bring a packed lunch and come to the library during their lunch bell. Students will eat lunch with the school librarians and discuss the book that the club is reading.
The TV studio is located in the media center and is operated by the media staff and the student news crew. The news program is aired each morning immediately after homeroom. The program includes general school announcements, sports, club meetings, and the daily weather. The GBTV student team consists of 12 students. GBTV members learn to operate all of the TV equipment, including the video mixer, sound mixer, microphones, and cameras. Students also work on using proper public speaking skills and projecting their voices. Auditions to be a part of the newscast team takes place at the end of the year.
The media center is involved in several different projects to obtain funding for additional equipment and new materials for our collection.
- Book Fair: The book fair is a big event and a highlight for the students. It is held once a year in the school library. Please email Mrs. Bossout or email Mrs. Early if you are interested in volunteering for the book fair. You may also call the library at 482-5128. We look forward to seeing you all there!
- Box Tops for Education: Clip box tops from hundreds of your favorite General Mills products and send them to the library. Each box top is worth ten cents and it all adds up!
- Farm Fresh Tags: Please come see us to receive your Farm Fresh key tag. This fundraiser allows us to acquire new equipment for the library.