The GBMS Technology Fundraiser is from Feb. 14 – Feb. 28. Our goal is to raise $10,000 and for every family to buy or sell 10 items or more. These funds will go towards purchasing Chromebooks for our students. You can even shop online by clicking here and entering in this id number: 2501377.
Great Bridge has got talent! Come see it all on display at our annual school talent show! It is going to be amazing! We have some phenomenal singers, incredible dancers, amazing musicians and a magic trick that will leave you speechless! Come support your friends in our school talent show Friday night, February 22nd at 7:00. Tickets cost $5 at the door. The doors open at 6:30. See you there on Friday, February 22nd at 7:00.
The last day to order your personalized yearbook is on February 22, 2019.
Congratulations to the 2018-2019 GBMS Wrestling Team for winning the regular season with a 6-0 dual meet record and were crowned City-Wide Tournament Champions!
The wrestling team won the City-Wide Tournament with 239.5 points. Eight wildcats were in the finals, and 6 out of 8 were crowned champions and 2 wildcats placed 3rd. Way to go!
Great Bridge Middle School is selling two yard signs. Each yard sign is $25. Click the appropriate link below to order your yard sign. After payment is received, stop by the main office to pick up your yard sign.
Congratulations to Mrs. Shereena Drakeford for being named a finalist for the Citywide Chesapeake Public Schools Teacher of the Year!
Way to go Mrs. Drakeford! We are very proud of you and thankful for all that you do for Great Bridge Middle School.
Parents, we would like you to participate in the citywide math textbook book evaluation process that are currently under review for the 2019 – 2020 school year! The period for evaluation is until February 21. The books will still be available for review until March 11.
- Fill out the survey forms located at the school that are associated with the math textbooks so that we can have your feedback.
- Click the link to find out more information.
- Click here for the review form.
- for any questions.
The Chesapeake Public Schools Virtual Instruction Program offers high school students the opportunity to take fully online courses as part of their normal course schedule.
Students who are interested should contact their guidance counselor and please click the links below for more information.
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students are encouraged and welcome to tryout. No student will be allowed to tryout without a completed Athletic Participation Physical Form on file with the GBMS Athletic Director. A physical that was performed on April 1, 2018 or later will be valid for the entire 2018-2019 school year.
- March 11 – March 13: All students should attend from 3:45 – 5:30 pm.
- March 14: Shot put tryouts only from 3:45-4:45 pm.
Other Important Tryout Information:
- Report to the locker room to change and then auxiliary gym after walker bell.
- Selections will be made and posted by number given at tryout using school website on Thursday at 7:00 pm.
- All students should wear athletic clothing and proper running shoes. Be prepared for warm or cold weather.
- Students are responsible for having their own transportation home. Students must be picked up at the gym entrance to the school at the scheduled ending time. (Parents: Please find a parking spot and the student will locate you.)
- See Coach Liakos or Coach Ignatovich for any questions.
Take advantage of the different ways to stay connected with all things happening at Great Bridge Middle School.
- GBMS Twitter: @GreatBridgeMid
- CPS Twitter: @cpschoolsva
- GBMS Remind: Text @97378d to 81010
- GBMS Athletics Remind: Text @gbmsa to 81010
- GBMS Website: https://cpschools.com/gbm/
- Click here for GBMS Peachjar eFlyers
Click here to visit Josten’s Yearbooks for more information or click here to access Great Bridge Middle School’s online yearbook sale. Feel free to call 1-877-767-5217 for any questions.
Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) has been humbled by the outpouring of support received since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, on February 14, 2018. Many parents and community members have contacted us to ask how they can help support our safety and security measures through monetary donations. In response, CPS has developed two ways you can help.
Please click the links below for more information:
- Ways Make to Contribute to School Safety
- School Safety Letter
- Keeping our Buildings Safe Throughout the Day Letter
Would you like to support Great Bridge Middle School’s students and teachers?
Chesapeake Public Schools provides a service for parents that enhances communication by delivering important information, such as delayed school openings or emergency closings due to weather, via SMS text messaging. This service is intended to enhance our existing means of communication and will not replace any existing form of communication.
To participate in the service you must register your mobile phone number. Registration is simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.
- To Register: Text the word subscribe, optin, or yes to 67587
- To Unregister: Text STOP to 67587
- For Help: Text HELP to 67587
Chesapeake Public Schools is currently seeking dependable, conscientious individuals to serve as bus drivers and bus assistants for our school division. We provide all training necessary to acquire a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and skills necessary for operating a school bus. Call 757-547-0001.