The Virginia Department of Health requires a booster dose of the Tdap vaccine before entering the 7th grade. Please bring in an official copy of your child/children’s Tdap shot record to the school nurse.
Parents, professionals and youth ages 10 and up are invited to Hickory Middle School on February 5th at 6:00 pm for a free screening of ANGST, a film about anxiety, truth and hope.
This is a free event and open to the public however registration is recommended. A question and answer discussion with CHKD mental health experts will immediately follow the screening. Join us before the showing at 6:00 pm for a Valentine treat and activity!
GBMS is celebrating reading month in January by participating in several activities listed below:
- Jan. 10: Read My Shirt Day
- Wear a shirt with words.
- Jan. 17: Red Shirt Day
- Wear a red shirt to show that you are “well-read.”
- January 6-29: Bookmark Contest
- Students may create a bookmark in black and white. The winner’s bookmark will be reproduced and distributed to the student body.
- Jan. 6-31: Book Swap
- Students may bring in gently used books and swap them out for a book they haven’t read yet. The cart will be in the foyer in front of the library door.
Great Bridge Middle is proud to be recognized as a “Purple Star” School by the Virginia Department of Education and the Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact for Military Children. The Purple Star designation is awarded to military-friendly schools that have demonstrated their commitment to meeting the needs of military-connected students and their families. Congratulations GBMS!
GBMS stands behind our military families! GBMS supports our military students transition in various ways. Click here to find out more and see all of our military resources that are available!
Welcome to Chesapeake Public Schools! We look forward to enrolling your child/children into our division. Click here to register your child/children online!
Once your registration information has been reviewed, Great Bridge Middle School will email you a link to schedule a final enrollment/scheduling appointment at GBMS.
The Chesapeake Public Schools Virtual Instruction Program offers high school students the opportunity to take fully online courses as part of their normal course schedule.
Students who are interested should contact their guidance counselor and please click the links below for more information.
Take advantage of the different ways to stay connected with all things happening at Great Bridge Middle School.
- GBMS Twitter: @GreatBridgeMid
- CPS Twitter: @cpschoolsva
- GBMS Website: https://cpschools.com/gbm/
- Subscribe to the GBMS Website: https://cpschools.com/gbm/subscribe/
- Click here for GBMS Peachjar eFlyers
Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) has been humbled by the outpouring of support received since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, on February 14, 2018. Many parents and community members have contacted us to ask how they can help support our safety and security measures through monetary donations. In response, CPS has developed two ways you can help.
Please click the links below for more information:
- Ways Make to Contribute to School Safety
- School Safety Letter
- Keeping our Buildings Safe Throughout the Day Letter
Would you like to support Great Bridge Middle School’s students and teachers?
Chesapeake Public Schools provides a service for parents that enhances communication by delivering important information, such as delayed school openings or emergency closings due to weather, via SMS text messaging. This service is intended to enhance our existing means of communication and will not replace any existing form of communication.
To participate in the service you must register your mobile phone number. Registration is simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.
- To Register: Text the word subscribe, optin, or yes to 67587
- To Unregister: Text STOP to 67587
- For Help: Text HELP to 67587