Textbook distribution will be from Sept. 22 – Sept. 24 from 9 am to 6 pm at GBMS.
- 6th Grade – September 22nd
- 7th Grade – September 23rd
- 8th Grade – September 24th
- Parents, please use the appropriate sign-up genius link below to sign-up for a time to pick up your child’s textbooks.
- Upon arrival, students may bring one parent with them to the school and check in at the security desk. Please remember to wear a mask when entering the building.
- You may want to bring a bag or backpack to assist with carrying the books.
Spirit Wear is now available to order! Orders are being taken electronically through MemberHub this year. Please click here to access MemberHub.
- The first order window for spirit wear will close on September 28! Please place your orders by September 28. We will have another order window at a later date.
- Orders will arrive in mid to late October. Pre-paid spirit wear pick up will be handed out at a drive-thru at the school. More details will be announced as the pick up time gets closer.
- While in the e-store, please also consider purchasing a PTA membership. We welcome everyone to join the PTA.
Beginning Monday, September 14th from 8:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m, GBMS will be having our very own Library Curbside Checkout. Please follow the guidelines below.
- Locate the book(s) you would like to check out in our online catalog, Destiny, by clicking the link: https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/67468
- Email one of the librarians with the title and author of the book(s).
- The librarians will pull the book for you and schedule a time for you & your parent to drive by and pick up the book.
Please go to your YouTube Channel today to view our our 2020-2021 Team Meet and Greet videos and our Virtual Orientation! The links below will direct you to two separate playlists with different videos in each. We look forward to seeing you and meeting you soon!
OneLogin for Students Updated
Chesapeake Public Schools is using OneLogin, which provides a single login for CPS users across CPS systems and Google. For your child to set-up OneLogin, please click here for the updated directions.
Parent/Guardian Schoology Access
- Parent Access codes will be emailed by students’ homeroom teacher.
- Click here for directions on how to setup your Parent/Guardian Schoology Access.
- Student access will begin September 8th.
If you missed one of the CPS Schoology demonstrations for families, there is a recording now available on the CPS YouTube Channel. You can also find more Schoology resources and information on the CPS website by clicking here.
We are looking forward to this school year! We have created a virtual orientation video from Mr. Mills’, our Principal.
Also, schedules will be mailed on Monday, Aug. 31 and team and teacher orientation videos will be posted on September 3rd.
Welcome Back! The GBMS PTA has started using an online communication tool called MemberHub.com. The PTA will use this to include you in our school community and keep you informed and engaged with what is happening. Within our MemberHub site, you will find our e-store, a link to join our PTA, and much more, all in one place! The cost to join PTA will remain $8.00 this year, but MemberHub charges a 78¢ service fee; therefore, you will notice a slight increase.
With MemberHub you can:
- Join the PTA, shop Giveback offers, and buy items online, such as spirit wear
- Sign up for volunteer time slots or needed items and receive reminders
- Install the MemberHub app on your smartphone for info on the go
Use the following link to join our PTA:
You can also visit the MemberHub website to add you and your family to our MemberHub group. Your information is stored securely and privately.
- 2020 GBMS Spirit Wear! Please visit the e-store later in September to purchase spirit wear.
We are excited about the 2020-2021 school year! Thank you and welcome to MemberHub.
All Grades (6, 7, and 8)
- #2 pencils
- Black/blue/red ink pens
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Loose-leaf paper (wide-rules)
- Glue sticks
- Ruler (English & metric measurements)
- Index cards (3 x 5)
- Scissors (blunt edge)
- Three-ring binder
- Dividers with tabs
- Spiral notebooks (non-perforated)
- Zippered pencil bag with notebook holes
- Report folder with fastener and pocket
- Box of tissues
- Marble black composition notebooks
- Combination lock
- Protractor (for home)
- Compass (for home)
Virtual and/or Online Learning Supplies
Supplies listed below are optional, but are recommended for student success:
- External mouse and extra batteries
- USB storage device
- Blue light blocker glasses to help reduce eye strain
- Power strip for a charging station
- Printer and supplies (ink, paper)
- A phone or tablet scanner app to create PDF documents using the device camera
- Daily planner or calendar
- Alarm clock/timer to alert students when it is time to login for a scheduled teacher-led video conference
Online and/or Virtual Tips:
Having a dedicated space that is comfortable, free from distractions, organized, and equipped with the appropriate furniture (chair and desk) creates an environment conducive to learning.
Online/virtual learning will have a schedule similar to being in a traditional oncampus school day, it is essential for students to develop routines and have access to tools that will allow them to complete work efficiently.
Please consider linking or re-linking your Harris Teeter VIC card to help the PTA. A portion of every purchase will benefit GBMS PTA. If you previously had the PTA linked, you have to re-link for this school year. All cards must be re-linked by August 1st. Thank you so much for your support.
- Go to the Harris Teeter website and click “Together in Education.”
- Select “Link to your school.”
- Choose “Great Bridge Middle PTA, #8571.”
You may also go to the service counter and ask customer service to link your account.
- Name of Organization: Great Bridge Middle PTA
- TIE Number: 8571
Anytime you shop at Amazon, please consider bookmarking our dedicated link set up on Amazon Smile. By using this link, all of your eligible purchases will benefit Great Bridge Middle PTA every time you shop. After clicking the link below and signing in to your account, you should see the words, “Supporting: Great Bridge Middle PTA” in the top left corner of your page. Thank you for your support.
Would you like an easy way to financially help your school? It’s simple! Sign up under your Kroger rewards account and select Great Bridge Middle School. It is an easy one-step enrollment which will help give back to GBMS.
Welcome and congratulations to the new 2020-2021 GBMS PTA Board of Directors and Committee Chairs!
- President – Missy Dominek
- VP 1 (Volunteer Coordinator) – Meghan McDermott
- VP 2 – (Programs) –Amanda Guckert
- Treasurer – Stephanie Van Leeuwen
- Secretary – Alexis James
- Membership Co-Chairs – Daria Rupe & Krisa Mitchell
- Spirit Wear Chair – Jenn Groves
- Reflections Chair – Melissa Jones
- Hospitality Chair – Sharla Richards and Angela Pomeranz
- Fundraising Chair – Missy Dominek
- Administration Rep. – Joey Robins
We are happy to announce that we now have an Official GBMS YouTube Channel! Our YouTube Channel will be another resource that we will use to keep you informed and keep our community connected. If you choose to subscribe, you will be notified of new video uploads.
The Virginia Department of Health requires a booster dose of the Tdap vaccine before entering the 7th grade. Please bring in an official copy of your child/children’s Tdap shot record to the school nurse.
Great Bridge Middle is proud to be recognized as a “Purple Star” School by the Virginia Department of Education and the Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact for Military Children. The Purple Star designation is awarded to military-friendly schools that have demonstrated their commitment to meeting the needs of military-connected students and their families. Congratulations GBMS!
GBMS stands behind our military families! GBMS supports our military students transition in various ways. Click here to find out more and see all of our military resources that are available!
Welcome to Chesapeake Public Schools! We look forward to enrolling your child/children into our division. Click here to register your child/children online!
Once your registration information has been reviewed, Great Bridge Middle School will email you a link to schedule a final enrollment/scheduling appointment at GBMS.
The Chesapeake Public Schools Virtual Instruction Program offers high school students the opportunity to take fully online courses as part of their normal course schedule.
Students who are interested should contact their guidance counselor and please click the links below for more information.
Take advantage of the different ways to stay connected with all things happening at Great Bridge Middle School.
- GBMS Website: https://cpschools.com/gbm/
- Subscribe to the GBMS Website: https://cpschools.com/gbm/subscribe/
- GBMS Twitter: @GreatBridgeMid
- GBMS Instagram: @GreatBridgeMid
- GBMS YouTube Channel
- CPS Twitter: @cpschoolsva
- Click here for GBMS Peachjar eFlyers
Common hashtags that we use are:
Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) has been humbled by the outpouring of support received since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, on February 14, 2018. Many parents and community members have contacted us to ask how they can help support our safety and security measures through monetary donations. In response, CPS has developed two ways you can help.
Please click the links below for more information:
- Ways Make to Contribute to School Safety
- School Safety Letter
- Keeping our Buildings Safe Throughout the Day Letter
Would you like to support Great Bridge Middle School’s students and teachers?
Chesapeake Public Schools provides a service for parents that enhances communication by delivering important information, such as delayed school openings or emergency closings due to weather, via SMS text messaging. This service is intended to enhance our existing means of communication and will not replace any existing form of communication.
To participate in the service you must register your mobile phone number. Registration is simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.
- To Register: Text the word subscribe, optin, or yes to 67587
- To Unregister: Text STOP to 67587
- For Help: Text HELP to 67587