The following documents will be needed to register your child and should be uploaded during the online registration process:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency – this can be an electric, gas, or water bill showing usage within the last 30 days. If you do not have any of these items, email the Office of Student Enrollment for assistance at
- School Health Information Form – the school physical form is available from the Chesapeake Health Department, or online at the Virginia Department of Education’s website. This form should be completed by your child’s physician and should include proof of adequate age-appropriate immunization.
- Custody or court orders – if applicable
- Foster care information form – if applicable
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 – if applicable
Once your enrollment information has been reviewed and accepted, your child’s grade level counselor will contact you by phone or email to discuss scheduling options. Please allow up to two weeks for all paperwork including official school records to be received and processed.
- Families who have a new lease, closing disclosure, or purchase agreement for a new home in Chesapeake (families must currently reside in Chesapeake).
- Families who reside with a Chesapeake resident and the utility bills are in the name of the homeowner/ leaseholder.
- Families living in hotel, motels, campgrounds, or are homeless.
- Families renewing their residency approvals.
- All temporary custody orders and foster care enrollments.
- Military Special Power of Attorney.
Last Revision 6/15/2020