Beginning July 1, 2019, students will be able to register online for the 2019-2020 school year. The following documents will be needed to register your child (documents can be uploaded during the online registration process or brought directly to the school):
- Student’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency – this can be an electric, gas, or water bill showing usage within the last 30 days. If you do not have any of these items, contact the Office of Student Enrollment for assistance at 757-547-0545.
- School Health Information Form – the school physical form is available from the Chesapeake Health Department, or online at the Virginia Department of Education’s website. This form should be completed by your child’s physician and should include proof of adequate age-appropriate immunization.
- Custody or court orders – if applicable
- Foster care information form – if applicable
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 – if applicable
Once your registration information has been reviewed and accepted, your child’s school will contact you by phone or email. Please allow up to two weeks for all registrations to process. Plan to visit the school to provide your proof of identification and any additional information your child’s school may require. Contact the Deep Creek Middle School Guidance Office at (757) 487-1671 with any registration questions.
Please contact Student Enrollment at (757) 547-0545 for information concerning:
- Requirements for enrolling students in Chesapeake Public Schools
- Filing for home instruction or religious exemption from compulsory attendance
- Homelessness or Foster Care
- Truancy and school attendance
- Foreign exchange students
Last Revision 8/1/2019