Camelot Parent & Family Engagement Plan
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
To ensure positive involvement of parents, allowing them to feel valued and appreciated while reinforcing the concept that academic achievement of children is a responsibility shared by all stakeholders (parents, community, students and staff) we will:
- Hold an annual meeting, such as Open House, to inform parents about the school curriculum, academic assessments, expected levels of proficiency, the Title I program and how Title I funds are used.
- Distribute homework and school bulletins in Spanish when possible.
- Provide a minimum of two additional parent meetings or activities planned to support state academic standards and to provide parents with strategies and materials to reinforce student learning at home: Literacy Night and STEM Night (Science, Math and Technology).
- Place flyers, bulletins on Peachjar, ParentVue, and our school’s website in order to provide tips for parents to engage in supportive learning activities with their children.
- Address the importance of school-parent communication with:
- Parent/teacher conferences on days scheduled by Chesapeake Public Schools and as needed.
- School Bulletin (“Sander Says”) placed on our school website consistently.
- Progress Reports will be distributed four times a year by the classroom teachers and are available electronically on ParentVue.
- Reports regarding student progress will be done through phone calls and/or written communication.
- We will provide opportunities for parents to visit the school, observe, and volunteer.
- We will provide opportunities for participation through grade level parent programs.
- Inform parents of opportunities for family literacy experiences including basic adult education, GED, and ESL classes that are offered in our community. (Parent Resource Center)
- Provide opportunities for parents to participate in various programs:
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Faculty/Student Basketball Game
- Kidz Kruz
- Family Fun and Fitness Night
- Book Fair
- Literacy/STEM Nights
- Trunk or Treat and Field Day
Initial Meeting: August 2022
Mr. Robert Sander, Principal
Mrs. Yolanda Vaughn, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Denise Miles, PTA President
Ms. Nicole Donahue, PTA Vice President
Ms. Taneka Brown, PTA Secretary
Mrs. Jasmine Gunter, Family Engagement Liaison
FACE- Ms. June Jones and Ms. April Darnell