Camelot Parental Involvement Plan
Working Together as a TEAM!!
To ensure positive involvement of parents, allowing them to feel valued and appreciated while reinforcing the concept that academic achievement of children is a responsibility shared by all stakeholders (parents, community, students and staff) we will:
- Hold an annual meeting, such as Open House, to inform parents about the school curriculum, academic assessments, expected levels of proficiency, the Title I program and how Title I funds are used.
- Distribute homework and school bulletins in Spanish when possible.
- Provide a minimum of two additional parent meetings or activities planned to support state academic standards and to provide parents with strategies and materials to reinforce student learning at home: Literacy Night and STEM Night (Science, Math and Technology).
- Place flyers, bulletins on Peachjar, and our school’s website in order to provide tips for parents to engage in supportive learning activities with their children.
- Address the importance of school-parent communication with:
- Parent/teacher conferences on days scheduled by Chesapeake Public Schools and as needed.
- School Bulletin (“Sander Says”) placed on our school website consistently.
- Progress Reports will be distributed four times a year by the classroom teachers and are available electronically on ParentVue.
- Reports regarding student progress will be done through phone calls and/or written communication.
- We will provide opportunities for parents to visit the school, observe, and volunteer.
- We will provide opportunities for participation through grade level parent programs.
- Inform parents of opportunities for family literacy experiences including basic adult education, GED, and ESL classes that are offered in our community. (Parent Resource Center)
- Provide opportunities for parents to participate in various programs:
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Faculty/Student Basketball Game
- Kids Cruise
- Family Fun and Fitness Night
- Book Fair
- Literacy/STEM Nights
- Trunk or Treat and Field Day
Mr. Robert Sander, Principal
Mrs. Yolanda Vaughn, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Jasmine Gunter, PTA President
Mrs. Monica Ponton, PTA Vice-President