Did you know? Chesapeake Public schools is an excellent academic choice for your family!
We would like to welcome you and encourage you to contact the individual schools for a personal tour of our buildings to visit our classrooms; meet staff, and find out first-hand what our district has to offer. To schedule a building visit at B. M. Williams Primary please contact Mrs. Alice Fraser at (757) 547-0238.
Crestwood Middle School: Grades 6-8
1420 Great Bridge Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 494-7560 Fax (757) 494-7599
Principal: Mr. Michael Ward
Crestwood Intermediate: Grades 3-5
1240 Great Bridge Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 494-7565 Fax (757) 494-7598
Principal: Dr. Tonita Phillips
Welcome to B. M. Williams Primary – proud home of the Little Falcons!
We are so glad you are joining our community! At B. M. Williams Primary we are proud of our 200+ military connected students. We welcome our new students with a tour of the building and an introduction to new friends in their class. Every military student earns a brag tag for serving our country with their military family. We recognize Purple Up day April 15th each year. We also have an annual military family night to help our military families connect with each other and resources in the community. The school counselors offer deployment groups for students struggling with adjustment to a parent being deployed. We are available to help your transition to our school be as smooth as possible. Please contact us and let us know how we can help.
Your School-Based Military Student Point of Contact
Ms. Alice Fraser
Your Central Office Point of Contact for School-Based Military Student Support Staff Member and for Military Families
Mrs. Brighid Gates
Your School-Based Student Transition Team Coordinator
Ms. Alice Fraser
Your Chesapeake School Division Point of Contact
Mrs. Angie Smith
Public Information Officer
Your School Liaison Officer (SLO)
Planning your Arrival to Chesapeake Public schools:
* Determine the school(s) assigned to your attendance zone by contacting the Department of Planning & Development at (757) 547-0580.
*Check our district website for additional information at https://cpschools.com
*Ask for a copy of our school calendar
*Have the following information with you when you register your child:
- To enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 30th.
- Documentary proof shall be provided of adequate age appropriate immunization with the prescribed number of doses of vaccine. All students prior to enrollment must meet immunization requirements. See Immunization Requirements for School Entry.
- Submit a completed School Entrance Health Information Form if the student is new to the school system. The form is available from the Health Services Department, from any school in the division, or from the Office of Student Enrollment. Specific dates of immunizations must be included. Return this form to the school. The form is also available from most physicians, the Chesapeake Health Department, or any school office.
- Birth certificate
- Proof of address (a current gas, water or electric bill from the last 30 days that shows usage).
- If you do not have a current gas, water or electric bill, contact the Office of Student Enrollment at (757) 547-0545. More information regarding Proof of Residence.
- Custody or court order if applicable
All Day Kindergarten offered for all students at B. M. Williams Primary Campus!
Chesapeake offers all-day kindergarten at the B. M. Williams Primary. Our kindergarten program model provides an extended day experience that allows our students time for hands-on learning; time for guided practice; time for exploration; time for self-development; and time for social interaction. Research studies indicate that full-day kindergarten can lead to improved academic achievement and nationally; many states and districts are offering full-day kindergarten!
The Chesapeake City School District is close to many military facilities. The Chesapeake City School District offers students the benefits of a large district in a small district environment. Within the classroom and in extra-curricular activities your children will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities including:
*Gifted and outstanding ROTC
Oscar Smith High School offers an outstanding Air Force JROTC program. AFJROTC encourages its students to get involved in their local communities to help them become well-informed and helpful citizens. For more information, contact Msg. Eric Cain or Col. Michael Helsabeck.
EL Services – https://cpschools.com/assessment/english-learners-el/
Gifted Instruction – https://cpschools.com/exceptional-learning/gifted-education/
Graduation Requirements – https://cpschools.com/school-counseling/graduation-requirements/
Need information on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Families or other resources in the community?
Visit the VDOE Military Families Page – http://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/student_family/military/index.shtml
Visit the Chesapeake Public schools Military Information Page – https://cpschools.com/military-resources/
Are you transferring out of the Chesapeake district?
Record requests – Contact your school office at the elementary schools or your school counselor at the middle and high schools to request records to transfer. The school you are transferring to will make an official request from your current school, but you can request unofficial copies before you move.
Transcripts – Chesapeake Public Schools offers a transcript service through Parchment. This service makes ordering transcripts easier for you. Parchment allows you to order an official transcript and deliver it to the destination you choose – colleges, employers, military. You can also receive an unofficial transcript for your own use, stored in your Parchment Account.
Contact SLO – Your Student Liaison Officer for this area is Jeffrey W. McGee, PhD. Contact Mr. Johnson for further information on contacts in your new location.